IPMS UK Scale ModelWorld 2015/ 07 and 08.11.2015

Started by The Chaos, September 22, 2015, 11:51:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: Martin H on October 31, 2015, 03:49:12 PM
I hope the duck has a an armed guard ......................................................................

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh  :rolleyes:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: Dork the kit slayer on October 26, 2015, 10:14:32 AM
Quote from: Nick on October 25, 2015, 01:03:03 PM
Quote from: Dork the kit slayer on October 25, 2015, 12:45:16 PM
What will be the wine of choice this year?. Perhaps our resident sommelier could offer timely advice. Im leaning towards a rather cheeky Chilean Merlot.

At a family do this summer I discovered a rather tasty red wine named Baron St Jean. The shelf label gives a helpful description of "Well-balanced, Fruity, Food-friendly"  ;D
To be fair it's only £2.99 a bottle from Aldi!

Shakes head sadly and makes mental note to bring Gavaston or the like.

Carson has retrieved a bottle of St Emillion from the cellar  :cheers:

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dork the kit slayer

Quote from: Nick on October 25, 2015, 01:03:03 PM
Quote from: Dork the kit slayer on October 25, 2015, 12:45:16 PM
What will be the wine of choice this year?. Perhaps our resident sommelier could offer timely advice. Im leaning towards a rather cheeky Chilean Merlot.

At a family do this summer I discovered a rather tasty red wine named Baron St Jean. The shelf label gives a helpful description of "Well-balanced, Fruity, Food-friendly"  ;D
To be fair it's only £2.99 a bottle from Aldi!

AAh the joys of Welsh Merlot.
Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

Martin H

right. For those who have expressed an interest. The Dragons den has now been booked for 8:15pm

its address is Central Square, Telford Town Centre, TF4 3DR.

Heres a walking route from the International hotel & the Holiday inn to the Dragons Den via Google maps

I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

The Chaos

KiwiZac

Ah, you lucky folks. I hope you all have a great time and get some sweet deals.

I'll be here, refreshing the forum for photos and checking Airfix's various pages for their big news.
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

NARSES2

Now I've been through the SMW site and got a tad confused in places, I'm sure some bits of info don't match with other bits ?  :blink:

Anyway what I can't find is which entrance will be in use Friday set up ? Anyone know ?

Martin H

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 04, 2015, 06:19:04 AM
Now I've been through the SMW site and got a tad confused in places, I'm sure some bits of info don't match with other bits ?  :blink:

Anyway what I can't find is which entrance will be in use Friday set up ? Anyone know ?
As far as I know, you should still be able to enter via the big shutter doors with a valid membership card. Just make a point of heading to the membership desk once your in to get your wrist band.

Or if they wont let you in via the big shutters, ask em where the membership entrance is. They normally don't bite if you ask em nicely

Unfortunately,

Weaver

Just got an e-mail from Hannants saying that their ordering deadline for collection at SMW has been extended to mid-day tomorrow (Thursday 5th).
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

NARSES2

Cheers Martin

I should be there around 4. Plan is to go to the hotel and check in to dump my stuff, then come over and sort my wrist band out and bring my display kits.

I'll also have Lee and Harro's stuff. Kit you will not be there until Saturday ?

Staying at the new Premier Inn which is almost on site I think

PR19_Kit

Yes, I'll arrive as soon as they'll let me in on Saturday morning. It'll be a VERY early alarm call for me!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Martin H

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 05, 2015, 07:23:46 AM
Staying at the new Premier Inn which is almost on site I think
I thinks its about a 4-5 mins walk Chris.
Unfortunately,

kitbasher

Well chaps, those travelling up tomorrow all have safe journeys, enjoy the Chinese and please leave some kits on the traders stands for those of us travelling Saturday to rummage through please!  Everyone else going Saturday/Sunday - safe and hassle free journeys too.

Oh and if the built/scrap kit sales table is there this year (I've not checked the floor plan or anything yet - job for tomorrow) and anyone sees a build 1/72 Ju52 in any condition (so long as it's got a complete fin and rudder and it's cheap) could they blag it for me please.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Weaver

I'll be there on Saturday. Do I take it the two models per member rule is in play as usual?
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Martin H

Quote from: Weaver on November 05, 2015, 02:43:04 PM
Do I take it the two models per member rule is in play as usual?

Fraid so. unless you lot do a mass no show lol
Unfortunately,