IPMS UK Scale ModelWorld 2015/ 07 and 08.11.2015

Started by The Chaos, September 22, 2015, 11:51:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Quote from: Martin H on November 05, 2015, 02:58:58 PM
Quote from: Weaver on November 05, 2015, 02:43:04 PM
Do I take it the two models per member rule is in play as usual?

Fraid so. unless you lot do a mass no show lol

No problem - less to carry. I've got about six lined up (partly 'cos I don't want to re-jig some boxes) so I can do a rotation.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

kitbasher

Yep, more than two from me but swap them around.  Mostly Comets.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Nick

I'm only bringing 4 models and two of these may well go into the competition for my first ever entry. Not really happy with any of them TBH.

Luftwaffe Avia B.35
RAF F-19 Stealth
Irish Air Corps Gnat
Yugoslav Gnat trainer

The Phantoms are nowhere near ready and I'd rather get them right than rush them for this weekend. The 4 tone camo is tricky to say the least.  :banghead:

Weaver

Re this Re Box mini-theme thing: I can't find the original discussion. Is it basically any Airfix new-tool displayed on a red-box box top?
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Weaver on November 05, 2015, 04:28:49 PM
Is it basically any Airfix new-tool displayed on a red-box box top?

It is indeed.  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

Cheers - that's easy then!

(Note to self: don't throw the Flying Hours token away....)

- Indiana Jones

The Wooksta!

I have about four models for the stand, actually five plus the UFO that's been seen before.  All new models never seen before and 3 are for the Airfix theme plus one BoB.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

2 Hurricanes and 1 Comet to go with Kitbasher's  :thumbsup:

Will be starting the trek in about an hour
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

Have fun guys!  I'll be moping over the weekend that I can't be there!

:party: :party: :party:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Martin H

right the stand has been set up, and the Chinese buffet was well received by all who attended (all 12 of us).

And to cap the evening on an even higher personal note. My mobile rang round 10pm, and it was an old RAF Lakenheath friend who I havent spoken to for near on 16-17 years, we have only communicated since he left the UK via email. He's in the UK for work and is heading over to the show from Huntingdon. Its kinda made my weekend already! And yes he is a modeler himself, so I'm looking forward to showing around the show.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

zenrat

Have a great weekend.  Don't do anything I wouldn't do.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Gondor

Quote from: zenrat on November 06, 2015, 05:20:04 PM
Have a great weekend.  Don't do anything I wouldn't do.

"Don't do anything that will end up in the papers or you in Hospital" is probably safer advice  :rolleyes:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Steel Penguin

:thumbsup:  :party:
good to see all and sundry at the stand today.  As normal it was a relaxed and pleasant assemblage,  the mini rolls were still there when I left, ( I brought a pack of 30 so there should be some tomorrow).   We seemed to amuse and confuse in equal measures as normal,  and the what if does seem to be spreading a little further on other stands as well,  as normal its too big a show for one day, so I know ive missed a massive amount of stuff, but there was some lovely bits on other stands, and a goodly mix on the group stand as well.

Have a great day tomorrow if your going any one, who I missed today.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

kitnut617

I was wondering, can you buy a weekend pass for this event. Reason I'm asking is if I do make it back over the pond sometime, I want to make the visit to Telford worth while
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

van883

I enjoyed  my short (2hour) visit,  said hello to a few people  but sadly did not have time to stop and talk. Feeling inspired to build a few whiffs... :thumbsup: