IPMS UK Scale ModelWorld 2015/ 07 and 08.11.2015

Started by The Chaos, September 22, 2015, 11:51:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

I've seen some of the Farnborough stuff before, mainly the bi-planes. Possibly at their own show. It was interesting there was one straight model on the display  ;D

As for the bottle ? It literally slipped out of my grasp as I tried to get the corkscrew in and fell no more than 2". Must have hit a weak spot ?  :rolleyes:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Cork?
I can't remember the last time I had to take a cork out of a bottle of red.  It must have been quite an old bottle.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

A good year.

Maybe uptake of screw-tops has been greater down here than up there?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Screw tops are getting more and more prevelant, but you still get a fair few bottles with corks. Just my luck the one I fancied had a cork

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 12, 2015, 02:58:04 AM
Just my luck the one I fancied had a cork

..... and the floor was too far away.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dork the kit slayer

Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

PR19_Kit

The one next door was good too, it was an Italian Air Force TSR2 in a '40th Anniversary' scheme, and excellently done.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Wow.....that RAF Mirage is gorgeous ! I had missed that one as well. Love the weapons load !

Great to see the detail pics of the space stuff as well. Now I really want to scratch build a giant ship ! Love the fighters blasting out of it, and the green one called Welder, and the cargo/ freighters !

:drink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Captain Canada on November 13, 2015, 05:12:40 AM

Great to see the detail pics of the space stuff as well. Now I really want to scratch build a giant ship ! Love the fighters blasting out of it, and the green one called Welder, and the cargo/ freighters !

:drink:

What's not so obvious from the pics is the SIZE of the space stuff. The Battlestar Gallactica itself was around 6 FEET long!  :o

The entire Rag Tag Fleet stand was huge and was well above head height.

Regards
Kit

Weaver

The Galactica was even more impressive because he'd scratchbuilt a lot of the detail which the original movie model makers simply kitbashed. The 'real' Galactica's engine section had something like 30-40 Roco Minitanks hulls plastered all over it: they were cheap enough at the time (late 1970s, early 1980s) but at today's collector's prices?  :blink:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Hobbes

I got the impression those Galactica ships were movie props?