A couple of questions for Tornado buffs .

Started by darthspud, September 23, 2015, 12:33:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darthspud

If, and it's a biggie after this build, if i get another Airfix/Heller kit, i may well go all Wild Weasel / Suppressive airframe on it.
Might benefit from a F3/EF3 airframe though with the recessed fuselage mounts.

Gondor, what could i offer for the Skunkworks sets?
I've just ordered their European Weapon set for another planned 'emergency retiree build', but you can never have too many whizzy bangin things to choose from.
too old for a paper round, too young for me pensions, dammit, back to work then!

Captain Canada

Love the Tornado, especially when she's all bombed up. Look forward to seeing this one. The F3 idea is a real beauty. Another airframe gone before it's time.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Steel Penguin

you could do similar to one of mine, go for overwing rails on the inner pylon on the wing,  extra 2 or 4 sidewinders, and " they act as wing fences reducing turbulence and therefore counteract the extra weight,  if you use the underwing pivot hole to drill up through, you can mount them on the same pin and have the upper and lower pylons swing at the  same time as the wing  :thumbsup:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

darthspud

Might just do that if I recover from this airfix one. Might have been me, but there are gaps all over the place, so much filing, sanding and filling.
too old for a paper round, too young for me pensions, dammit, back to work then!