Heinkel He 117

Started by tigercat, September 24, 2015, 12:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitbasher

Can we expect a 'germanisation' of a Spitfire (or even the Supermarine 224) to create a development of the He112?
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

tigercat

That's a great idea but she's a thoroughly german design although I believe she did at one point serve in the RAF.

zenrat

According to wikipedia the RAF operated four ex Norwegian He 115s.
You are swapping the wings for ones with undercarriage (He111?) to create an He 117 land based bomber and I claim my prize... ;D ;D ;D

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

tigercat

Gives Zenrat virtual champagne

tigercat

tigercat

zenrat

Quote from: tigercat on September 27, 2015, 02:43:04 AM
Gives Zenrat virtual champagne

Woohoo! hic!

This'll confuse the JMNs.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

kitbasher

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

PR19_Kit

That's lateral thinking, I like it.  ;D

And after this we'll have the He111 floatplane with the wings and floats from the He115 of course.

In Norwegian markings naturally.  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

loupgarou

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 27, 2015, 05:40:33 AM
That's lateral thinking, I like it.  ;D

And after this we'll have the He111 floatplane with the wings and floats from the He115 of course.

In Norwegian markings naturally.  ;)

That's really perverse!  :wub:
Anybody's doing it?
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Captain Canada

Nice to finally see what it is ! Looks good too. love the green.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

tigercat

Could really confuse people and do it as a night fighter. Did the luftwaffe have night fighter during the B of B goes to check...

NARSES2

I think they had some early mark 109's tasked for the nightfighter role ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

JasonW

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 28, 2015, 06:34:48 AM
I think they had some early mark 109's tasked for the nightfighter role ?
Yes, 109C and D's.
It takes only one drink to get me drunk. The trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or the fourteenth.

- George Burns

NARSES2

Ta Jason, glad to know the memory cells are still there : somewhere  :rolleyes:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.