Heinkel He 117

Started by tigercat, September 24, 2015, 12:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Quote from: loupgarou on September 27, 2015, 07:22:17 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 27, 2015, 05:40:33 AM
That's lateral thinking, I like it.  ;D

And after this we'll have the He111 floatplane with the wings and floats from the He115 of course.

In Norwegian markings naturally.  ;)

That's really perverse!  :wub:
Anybody's doing it?

I have an He 111 H-6 looking for an idea so that might fit. I am thinking Floats from a Ju 52 though as I fancy doing one of those as well.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

tigercat

You could do a Junkers 52 Spooky

Quote from: Gondor on September 29, 2015, 08:29:25 AM
Quote from: loupgarou on September 27, 2015, 07:22:17 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 27, 2015, 05:40:33 AM
That's lateral thinking, I like it.  ;D

And after this we'll have the He111 floatplane with the wings and floats from the He115 of course.

In Norwegian markings naturally.  ;)

That's really perverse!  :wub:
Anybody's doing it?

I have an He 111 H-6 looking for an idea so that might fit. I am thinking Floats from a Ju 52 though as I fancy doing one of those as well.

Gondor

KiwiZac

Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

Rheged

Quote from: KiwiZac on September 29, 2015, 01:45:57 PM
Quote from: tigercat on September 29, 2015, 09:44:10 AMYou could do a Junkers 52 Spooky
Good Lord, that's GENIUS!
It's a very interesting idea. One could use 1930's  British airliners.  There's   DH Albatross, DH Flamingo, AW Ensign, .........or if you really want to go for a totally off the wall suggestion......  a Vimy or HP 0/400  for quelling uppity groups in the 1920's Empire.  Even an Airspeed Ambassador used in Kenya against the Mau-mau.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

loupgarou

Quote from: tigercat on September 29, 2015, 09:44:10 AM

It has already been done in real life!  ;D
Seen just yesterday some photos of a french Ju 52, around 1950, with a machine gun under one of the side windows.
From: Les avions allemands aux couleurs francaises Tome 2, Lela Presse 1997

sorry!
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Rheged

Quote from: loupgarou on September 29, 2015, 03:01:46 PM

Seen just yesterday some photos of a french Ju 52, around 1950, with a machine gun under one of the side windows.

sorry!

Zut alors!!   I assume that it was used in Algeria or Vietnam

It's a most regrettable set of circumstances.  One thinks that one has imagined a suitable Whiff, and  then actuality creeps up and catches you a sharp blow on the back of the head.    Only good thing is that it might boggle a JMN or two.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

loupgarou

Quote from: Rheged on September 30, 2015, 08:00:28 AM
Quote from: loupgarou on September 29, 2015, 03:01:46 PM

sorry!

Zut alors!!   I assume that it was used in Algeria or Vietnam

It's a most regrettable set of circumstances.  One thinks that one has imagined a suitable Whiff, and  then actuality creeps up and catches you a sharp blow on the back of the head.    Only good thing is that it might boggle a JMN or two.

Well,there are many variations on the theme, without an unpleasant base in real world...
I scanned the photo, from the text it was used in Algeria, you could build some earlier example. BTW, I am sure having seen other photos with a gun UNDER the windows, and a photo in flight together with a "normal" Ju. Maybe I dreamed it...
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.