RAF Fokker DXXI more power

Started by AURI, September 25, 2015, 09:33:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AURI

I use 1:72 PM Fokker D.XXI for my GB. There is 5 variant of D.XXI and there is 3 variant didn't make it. Project 150 with bristol hercules engine, project 151 with RR Merlin and Project 152 with DB 600H. My entry project 153 with Allison V-171 ;D

What if some D.XXI escaped to england and becasue the lack of engine power they fitted with Allison engine from tomahawk.

AURI

PR19_Kit

That's one BIG nose on that little fella!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

AURI

Like Clarkson say "power will solve anything ;D"

recent update : add ex hurricane interior cockpit to gain some detail

Filling the gap

AURI

put the wings and I can't decide using fix landing gear or retractable landing gear  :unsure:

Dizzyfugu

Very nice. After building my "-5" I also have a D.XXI with a Merlin on the agenda, with the radiator under the belly and a retractable landing gear. Not certain if it materializes for the BoB GB, but it's on the list. The D.XXI is a nice aircraft, lots of conversion potential!  :thumbsup:

AURI

Thanks fugu  ;D That would be project 151. you should built it for this GB :cheers: about the retractable landing gear I didn't found any good reference. I will built it with fix landing gear.

JayBee

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

PR19_Kit

With an engine THAT big on the front a fixed gear would be irrelevant after it'd taken off, it would have been ripped off in the slipstream.  ;D :lol:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Looks excellent. I also like the look of the P-40....like an airfield derelict !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

perttime

Quote from: JayBee on September 26, 2015, 06:19:53 AM
The first three images here are of the 1 DXXI with retractable u/c.

Two were built with retracts. First one didn't work well. Second one was good. The test aircraft gained about 50 km/h, and climbed and dived better. 2 of the machineguns had to be moved from wings to fuselage (compared with other Finnish production).

AURI

Thanks guys ! and thanks for the reference too. That's what I think too, if this plane use fix landing gear it would be ripped off, If I put retractable landing gear I lost 2 machine gun :( but I think is okay. I still have 2 machine gun in nose ;D

perttime

The Finnish test pilots of the "Wasp Fokker" with retracts felt that two 12.7mm guns in the nose would be great, instead of having four of the small machineguns.

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 26, 2015, 07:07:24 AM
With an engine THAT big on the front a fixed gear would be irrelevant after it'd taken off, it would have been ripped off in the slipstream.  ;D :lol:

Which is why you would protect them with spats... :thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu