USN VF-1 F-4

Started by Eddie M., September 25, 2015, 04:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie M.

Howdy Folks,  
 It's been quite a long time since I actually finished a model and shared it here. This is an F-4 that I've been working on and off for more years than I care to count. After failing to build a replica of the USS Midway F-4 shown on the box, I went with a whiffer that includes this Phantom being attached to the USS Ranger in the present day as a VF-1 jet and what if the Tomcat was never built. Just an all around fun build for me.. :) Pix in a minute...

Look behind you!

Eddie M.

Alright, here it is...

Look behind you!

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

zenrat

I'll take your word on it being a whiffer (I don't know enough about "modern" jets) but it looks damn good.
:thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Martin H

Now that I like  ;D

Good to see your work again  :thumbsup: :cheers:
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

NARSES2

Now that's a neat looking aeroplane  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

" Oh ! Oh ! Oh ! " Welcome back  :thumbsup:

That's a real beauty right there Eddie ! Love the look, the nose area especially. The anti-glare panel really sets this one off ! Love the weapons load and the markings as well. As much as I loved the Tomcat, I wouldn't have minded these babies flying ! Great stuff. Did you sneak your name onto the build anywhere ?

:cheers: :wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Eddie M.

Thank you very much Gentlemen. It's good to be back among the living...:)
Look behind you!

sandiego89

Looks great! Like the nose tv and the flir pods especially.  Request a belly photo so we can see the semi-recessed missiles (Sparrows or 120's?) and the centerline tank. 

Well done.
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

Eddie M.

Quote from: sandiego89 on September 26, 2015, 06:49:45 PM
Looks great! Like the nose tv and the flir pods especially.  Request a belly photo so we can see the semi-recessed missiles (Sparrows or 120's?) and the centerline tank. 

Well done.

I used Sparrows that were included with the kit to make things easier for me. here is the pic you requested and thank you for your interest in my work.... :)

and if I may, here are some of the things I've been working on in the not too distant past. My first models as a kid were cars, so when I got burned out on building anything plastic, I went back to my roots.... It was fun and reminded me of my love of aircraft and especially things that manifest themselves in the deepest recesses of my mind....

Look behind you!

PR19_Kit

GREAT stuff there Eddie!  :thumbsup: :bow:

Which kit is the Kalitta Funny from pleased?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Eddie M.

Thank you PR,

It's the MPC kit that I got from Hobby Lobby.. Here's a better look under the hood...

Look behind you!

PR19_Kit

Awesome, I love a well detailed engine like that.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

sandiego89

Thanks for the underside photo- looks great!

-Dave
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA