Canadair (CL-420) Cormorant ASR.Mk.3

Started by Knightflyer, September 26, 2015, 04:26:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knightflyer

Well it didn't get finished for the group build (how dare relatives come and stop with us on that final weekend!) , but as I know it had it's fans

please may I present to you the finished build .......

Oh to be whiffing again :-(

TallEng

That came out really well :thumbsup:
The Navy Rescue scheme suits it :thumbsup:

Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

Captain Canada

Oh yeah....looks great. Pretty much just as I had imagined, only better ! Love these colours and markings on her. Great stuff.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

About time we had some operational flying boats in the UK. That looks really good.  :thumbsup: :bow:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Rat

As some of you may know, I have a 'thing' for flying boats. And this has my seal of approval!  :bow:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Cobra

A Top Notch Build :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: i Could just Picture an Alarm going off and Hear the PA Blare,"Scramble,Scramble,SOS Received from Vessel at Sea!!!!!!" Keep up the Superb Work :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Dan

Tophe

Quote from: Captain Canada on September 26, 2015, 07:09:28 AM
Pretty much just as I had imagined, only better !
Does that mean it is a real project, just here as a model before it is actually built scale 1? A land-based derivative of the CL-415 hero?
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

Nice, looks very good in this non-yellow livery.  :thumbsup:

Knightflyer

Hi Gents

Just to say thanks  :bow: for the positive responses from you all to the completed Cormorant. I have a back story bubbling around in my head which went along with the build that I'll hopefully get on here shortly

Dizzyfugu  - I agree re the non-yellow livery, I don't think it'd been quite so eye-catching in the RAF yellow of 22 squadron (although that was considered briefly :lol:)

Oh to be whiffing again :-(

KiwiZac

I like it! Just the other day I was wondering what happened with this. Bravo!
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

McColm

silverwindblade

Always had a fondness for this particular A/C, and it's great to see a model of one! Well done!
Amidst the blue skies, a link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector...
Gordon's Alive, a Podcast I host. Check us out!