Hindenburg AEW- finished

Started by sandiego89, September 27, 2015, 03:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomZ

Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

Mossie

I do like that, love the splinter camouflage. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

lenny100

it seems almost real, why didn't they think of it at the time?
Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!

Captain Canada

Excellent work all around. Great concept, execution, love the colours and paint scheme as well. And the parasites are just the bomb  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: lenny100 on December 22, 2015, 04:39:48 AM

I don't think their radar was at that stage of development when the Hindenburg was still flying.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Chaos

sandiego89

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 22, 2015, 08:05:29 AM
Quote from: lenny100 on December 22, 2015, 04:39:48 AM

I don't think their radar was at that stage of development when the Hindenburg was still flying.

Agree that @1937 was just a bit too early to think about AEW, but that is the beauty of my WHIF backstory.  The Hindenburg was pulled from passenger service (before her real world ill-fated flight) and hung around until the Battle of Britain in 1940.  The Freya Radar, in ground based versions, was tested in 1937 and seemed to be up and running by late 1939- plenty of time of time for my BoB WHIF entry.

Thanks for the comments- appeared better in my head, but the boring overall silver needed to go.  Figured the gray/black dazzle would help her hide in the night skies a bit better.  Kept the upper surfaces silver for the UV protection they afforded for daytime ops. 

-Dave   
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

ericr

lovely concept indeed, and the splinter camo is interesting

zenrat

Awesome.  Great job there Dave.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Nick

Lovely work there!

I would not want to be the Me-109 pilot who has to climb out along that girder at 10,000ft to board my plane  :o