Henschel Hs 127: Luftwaffe Torpedo Bomber

Started by zenrat, October 04, 2015, 04:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Painted the underbelly RLM 65(blue) today.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

zenrat

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat

Fred

RAFF-35

Looking very aggressive  :lol: is the left horizontal stabiliser shorter than the right or is it perspective?
Don't let ageing get you down, it's too hard to get back up

zenrat

Thanks Raff.  It's because they are angled outwards.  They are cut down slightly from Dornier's original size but my aim was to cut them both down by the same amount.
I put a coat of gloss clear on it today and found some decals.
Fred

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Thanks Cap'n.  The lighter green is Vallejo RLM 73 but no-one makes the darker RLM 72 so I mixed up some green and some black. I couldn't be bothered to mask up the pattern so I painted it freehand with a brush.
Fred

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on November 13, 2015, 03:34:39 PM
but no-one makes the darker RLM 72

For future ref Xtracrylic do, I've got some
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

By no-one I meant neither Gunze or Vallejo in acrylic.  I obviously have a very blinkered view when it comes to paints.  I tend to stick to what I like when I find it and not try anything else until I have to.  I've not tried xtracrylic.
I'm not too worried about the accuracy of the shade as my research has shown that there is massive variation in commercial model paints that are supposed to be the same shade anyway.  So why worry?

Here it is decaled.  Decals from Academy Ju 87G
Fred

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on November 15, 2015, 12:14:26 AM
By no-one I meant neither Gunze or Vallejo in acrylic.  I obviously have a very blinkered view when it comes to paints.  I tend to stick to what I like when I find it and not try anything else until I have to.  I've not tried xtracrylic.

Understood. I've always been a great collector of different paint brands for some reason and do tend to flit between them.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

I have on my bench at the moment a prime example of what can happen if you mix brands.
A 1/24 car interior tub I spent ages scratchbuilding panelling for and then painted with one brand of paint over another.

The resulting crackle effect added a distressed look to it.  Unfortunately I didn't want that on the top of the dash or the rear parcel shelf.  Flocking saved the day.
Fred

Army of One

Quote from: zenrat on November 17, 2015, 12:18:32 AM
I have on my bench at the moment a prime example of what can happen if you mix brands.
A 1/24 car interior tub I spent ages scratchbuilding panelling for and then painted with one brand of paint over another.

The resulting crackle effect added a distressed look to it.  Unfortunately I didn't want that on the top of the dash or the rear parcel shelf.  Flocking saved the day.

I had something similar when i painted a model......but i had put enamel down over acrylic. ....or maybe vice versa........horrible rippling/cracking.........
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

zenrat

Its coming along.  Not far to go now.
Trimming the canopy to fit round the Dornier turret was a bit fraught but I used my dremmel and managed not to break it.
Fred

NARSES2

That canopy really suits it - I can't bring myself to use my normal "her"  ;D

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 26, 2015, 06:29:46 AM
That canopy really suits it - I can't bring myself to use my normal "her"  ;D

Yes, that's a very macho looking aircraft.

I LOVE the upside down fins, very Luftwaffe.  ;D :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit