Pistophe sans Dingem Ps-R03 Pamplemousse

Started by zenrat, October 11, 2015, 04:08:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

So, having used the wings from a Tamiya Bf 109 on the asymmetric Bf 110 i was left with a fuselage.

Hmmmmmmmm.

I have an inkling of a backstory.  Two in fact.  Which one I go with will decide if it's British or German.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

zenrat

Stage 1 PSR complete and stage 2 commenced.
Also pleasant surprise upon opening Special Hobby Seafire 47 from stash and finding many extra rudders.

Interesting how the mind sees the spitfire wings and convinces itself the fuselage isn't the shape it is.
This one needs a very special paintjob that emphasises the mismatched components.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Captain Canada

Nice ! You almost need to build a pair, one RAF and one Luftwaffe, and have them sitting together to really get people scratching their heads  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

JasonW

One of the Eastern European short run companies has a kit of a similar beast calling it a Messerspit or something like that. Think it was just a Spit with a DB engine though.
It takes only one drink to get me drunk. The trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or the fourteenth.

- George Burns

Rick Lowe

Quote from: zenrat on October 24, 2015, 05:56:15 AM

Interesting how the mind sees the spitfire wings and convinces itself the fuselage isn't the shape it is.
This one needs a very special paintjob that emphasises the mismatched components.

How about really messing with their minds and giving the wings Luftwaffe splinter, and the fuselage RAF Green/Brown...?  ;D

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

zenrat

My initial thoughts for the backstory was Flying Officer McGyver, trapped in France after Dunkirk scavenges parts of crashed planes in order to build something to get him home.  It takes him a while but he gets it done and arrives home in late August 1940...
...and is promptly shot down.
I was going to paint the individual parts in their original schemes and roughly paint roundels over the iron crosses.
However, I think that this idea would be much better served if a) the parts were actually from the correct time period and b) if it had one Spit wing, one Hurri wing, a Battle prop...

So, it's going to be Vichy French with the grey/green/brown camo.  Mainly because I haven't down a hand brushed camo job for a while and I enjoy doing them.
Initial identification markings on Vichy planes was to paint the rear fuselage & tail yellow.  It was later changed to yellow with red stripes which looks much groovier IMO but I can't find out the date they started using the red.  Anyone know?  Earliest pics with red stripes are 1941.
Fred

NARSES2

Looking at the profiles in my French aircraft 1939 -1942 books it says that the initial Vichy marking was a white fuselage stripe which was often painted as an arrow by the units. The yellow and then red/yellow stripes was 1941 from the profiles.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Horizontal white stripe?  I can do that.  Thanks Chris.

PSR all done and primer on.

Fred

NARSES2

Yup, officially just a white stripe but a lot of units, perhaps most, painted it as an arrow, with or without the fletching.

I probably have a couple in the stash, shame your in Aus  :blink:

Here's one with a plain stripe

http://www.ipmsstockholm.org/magazine/2003/11/images/profile_h75_4.jpg
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Looks great ! Like a whole different aeroplane now. The major components aren't as easily recognised as I thought they would be. And you learn something new everyday here, now I know about the stripes and the arrows !

Cheers.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

KiwiZac

That's cool! I really like those lines, especially the new rudder.
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

zenrat

Thanks blokes.
Chris  - thanks for the thought.  I can do it without decals - I'll undercoat it in white and then mask off for the stripe and rudder.  

Edit - just had a look through my decal folder to check I actually had some french roundels and i've found I have a set of vichy markings which include not only the white stripe but also some red-white-blue "Ace" stripes for the wings should I wish to apply them.
Fred

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on October 27, 2015, 03:08:50 AM
Edit - just had a look through my decal folder to check I actually had some french roundels and i've found I have a set of vichy markings which include not only the white stripe but also some red-white-blue "Ace" stripes for the wings should I wish to apply them.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: