Pistophe sans Dingem Ps-R03 Pamplemousse

Started by zenrat, October 11, 2015, 04:08:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Maybe ! I have that extra 110 looking for an idea !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Tophe

Quote from: Captain Canada on November 16, 2015, 07:09:39 AM
I have that extra 110 looking for an idea !
An idea? what about a 110 tail-less flying wing?
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

zenrat

Finished.

Pistophe sans Dingem Ps-R03 Pamplemousse
Pistophe sans Dingem Ps-R03 006 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
In 1931 Christophe-Marie Dingem and Jean Louis Pierre Pistophe formed Aeronautique Dingem et Pistophe.  As neither had any training in Aircraft Design or Engineering they built planes under licence rather than design their own.
By 1936 the business was going from strength to strength with ADP aircraft proving extremely popular amongst the more cost conscious members of France's chic aeronautical community.  Not all was well in the boardroom however with friction between the partners causing minor disagreements which snowballed into major arguments.  The final straw came when Pistophe refused to name his son after Dingem who stormed out of the Marseilles  factory vowing never to speak the mans name again.
Pistophe sans Dingem Ps-R03 004 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Not one to be defeated by losing his partner or his licences (which turned out to be all in Dingems name alone) Pistophe renamed the business to reflect the new situation and, feeling he had learnt everything he needed to know from making other peoples designs, set out to draw up his own Pistophe sans Dingem aircraft .
Unfortunately it seems designing aircraft is harder than it looks and his first two designs were failures.  The Ps-R01 Ananas failed to take off while the Ps-R02 Mangue failed to land, vanishing into a cloud on its first test flight never to be seen again. 
Pistophe sans Dingem Ps-R03 009 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Jean's third design was successful with the Ps-R03 Pamplemousse both taking off and landing on April 1st 1939.  As can be seen he chose to take "inspiration" from other peoples designs.
By the time of the Fall of France Pamplemousses equipped one squadron of the Armee de l'aire.  Initially stationed close to the Factory on the Cote d'azur in August 1940 they were hurriedly given white "Vichy" stripes and were reassigned to the Pas De Calais to act as part of the Vichy French contribution to the attacks on Britain...
Pistophe sans Dingem Ps-R03 002 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
...where they were promptly shot down in droves when their distinctive silhouette was mistaken for Spitfires.  The wing roundels were enlarged but the similarity to Spitfires was still too great and so they were relegated to Syria and Lebanon where they soon fell victim to engine failures due to lack of dust filtration.
Pistophe sans Dingem Ps-R03 001 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
The Model.
Tamiya Messerschmitt Bf 109 E3 fuselage with MPM Spitfire Mk XVIII wings, stabilisers and rudder.
Lots of PSR.
Paint is Vallejo acrylics and the horribly transparent decals are from a SMER LeO 451.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Tophe

Great model! :thumbsup:
and the name, close to mine, is funny... ;D
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

PR19_Kit

A superb job, and love the backstory too.  :thumbsup: :bow:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Thanks all.

Quote from: Tophe on December 01, 2015, 08:07:40 AMGreat model! :thumbsup:
and the name, close to mine, is funny... ;D

Hopefully the joke in the name is not too transparent...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..