Psychedelic Boomerang

Started by tigercat, October 14, 2015, 11:00:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigercat

http://hsfeatures.com/features04/images/b25tm_4.jpg

Inspired by this  and the Battle of Britain Group build . While the base aircraft fits in the right timeframe . The colour scheme is from the film "The Battle of Britain " so I'm putting it here.

Captain Canada

What's the deal with those two ? The 109 looks pretty cool, different somehow. The Mitchel a camera plane or somat ?

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

tigercat

Yes it the camera aircraft they used for filming the Battle of Britain . My plan is to do a similar colour scheme but on a Hudson.

PR19_Kit

The BoB filming B-25 had a camera in the bomb bay that was on an extending arm that they could lower into the airstream to film the other aircraft. I watched it flying over Duxford with the arm extended a few times and it looked REALLY weird!

Difficult to model like that as you'd need a very tall stand!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

tigercat

Interesting :) Thanks for the details....

PR19_Kit

And looking at your linked pic reminds me that they had other cameras aboard too.

One in the glazed nose dome and one in the enlarged tail 'turret' that was out in the breeze! It had fairings around the sides and on top but there was no glass in front of the lens. It must have been chilly for the cameraman!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

Regards
Kit

kerick

Nice trick using a crewman at the boarding ladder to hold up the tail!
This brings to mind the wild paint jobs on the formation planes for the B-17 and B-24 groups.
I'll be keeping an eye on this one.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

PR19_Kit

Quote from: kerick on October 14, 2015, 06:22:55 PM

Nice trick using a crewman at the boarding ladder to hold up the tail!

Must be something about B-25 kits.

The only one I've ever built, a B-25J with the 75 mm gun, was a determined tail sitter despite loads of nose weight. I did the same thing, and added a boarding ladder with a crew guy about to climb aboard. It's handy that the ladder is EXACTLY in the best place for a tail prop.  :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit

kerick

I have one in the stash so I better remember this trick!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Captain Canada

Very nice. Thanks for the full link ! Great job on that model, and the crewman trick is a good one !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

DogfighterZen

If there was no text on the post, i'd be very inclined to think that it's a whif Portuguese commemorative scheme... It's got all the colors, just needed a bit more blue. ;D
Will be interesting to see how you work it. :thumbsup:

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"