Allan's modelling grotto

Started by Allan, October 16, 2015, 01:57:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allan

it's getting cramped on the desk and a little dirty so I'll do some tidying up and lay down a new sheet of clean cardboard

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Allan

while I replace the light from time to time, the actual lamp I bought in Japan in about 1978 when was a callow youth about to start two years study there...it is a Japanese lamp so uses Japanese voltage and will burn out if I plug it into the Aust socket, so have to use a step-down transformer to reduce the voltage from Aust 220 to Japanese 110...the transformer is the blue box you can see on the left
if anyone desperately needs something like this I can get one the next time I'm in Japan and send it to you...the base of the lamp attaches to the deck like a ping pong net

zenrat

Can you not get a 220v globe or does it have special japanese fittings and thin wires?

I have a similar lamp on my lathe so they are available in 220v.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Allan

not willing to give it a try   Japanese internal workings I think....in any case the step-down transformer has worked well over the years..it's bloody heavy!!!

kerick

You really should do something with those "shelving units" They look a little unsafe.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Allan

zenrat

A mate of mine is a refrigeration and air con engineer who has worked for amongst others NATO and the US Military.
He tells me that when US Forces arrive in whatever country whose peace they are keeping they habitually connect all of their 110v equipment up to the local power supply and then wonder why it doesn't work.

Fred

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on October 17, 2015, 05:15:08 AM
A mate of mine is a refrigeration and air con engineer who has worked for amongst others NATO and the US Military.
He tells me that when US Forces arrive in whatever country whose peace they are keeping they habitually connect all of their 110v equipment up to the local power supply and then wonder why it doesn't work.

Tell me about it!  ;D

The engineers and execs from my old American employers used to do the same when they came to Europe.

Quite a number of them bought UK/US adaptors and were astonished that they weren't 240/110V transformers as well! We used to keep a number of laptops in our office that they could use while their PSUs were replaced with unfried versions. Nowadays the PSU's can handle both voltages but it took a while for that to happen.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Looks good Allan ! Liberal use of cardboard as well  :thumbsup: The box up front to the left in the pic looks the exact same as the ones I use. They were originally used to store shaped charges for oil well perforating, and are quite strong ! I have also found that the plastic trays my lovely wife used to bring home fit right inside them perfectly, making them double ( triple even ) strong.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?