Blohm & Voss Bv.282 "Nix"

Started by RAFF-35, October 16, 2015, 02:34:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dumaniac

Tophe

Quote from: RAFF-35 on October 29, 2015, 01:23:22 PM
Latest update; almost done, weathering and daylight photos will take place in the morrow.  :thumbsup:
Please, Earth planet, let you turn faster: I want today to be tomorrow! :-\ ;D
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

RAFF-35

Here we go, finally finished  ;D you can take your pick now Tophe  ;)

The BV.282 tangling with the enemy..... Maybe airfix should do a dogfight double or something   :lol:

I'm severely tempted to do another one, maybe in Mediterranean colours or possibly a heavy ground attack version on the eastern front, you're all welcome to take this idea and run with it by the way, I'd love to see what you could do with a BV.282  ;D
Don't let ageing get you down, it's too hard to get back up

NARSES2

As many have said it looks soooooo plausible  :bow: Much more so then the original that's for sure

Great job and I'd love to see a ground attack version after all there was a ground attack version of the Fw 187 in prototype form
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Tophe

:wub: :wub: :wub: Wonderful! Hurrah! What a beauty (of the bad side alas)...
Quote from: RAFF-35 on October 30, 2015, 06:37:09 AM
Here we go, finally finished  ;D you can take your pick now Tophe  ;)
Updated, yes, with happiness...

RAFF-35

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 30, 2015, 07:30:18 AM
As many have said it looks soooooo plausible  :bow: Much more so then the original that's for sure

Great job and I'd love to see a ground attack version after all there was a ground attack version of the Fw 187 in prototype form

My thoughts exactly  :lol: wonder how many 37mm's it could hold  :wub: plus bombs and rockets too  :lol:

zenrat

37mm?  No, a 75mm at the least.  Maybe even an 88.

Very good job.  Looks excellent there coming in above the towelling waves to launch both fish at a coastal coal convoy just off Bognor...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Rick Lowe

Use the Pak-40 Gondola from a Henschel 129.

Allan

Tophe

Exactly your shape Bv.282 was a drawing of Igor Shestakov in the early 2000s (as "hypothetical symmetric Bv.141"):
see http://www.geocities.ws/asymmetrics/wif.htm
Anyway, it is wonderful to have actually built it. Congratulations again! :thumbsup:

RAFF-35

I'll use whatever cannon I can find  ;D although I think that an 88 would tear the frame apart  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Tophe on October 30, 2015, 10:41:11 PM
Exactly your shape Bv.282 was a drawing of Igor Shestakov in the early 2000s (as "hypothetical symmetric Bv.141"):
Anyway, it is wonderful to have actually built it. Congratulations again! :thumbsup:

That's amazing, I searched and searched to see if anyone had done this before and I could only find one photo of the model with the horizontal stabiliser going between the booms  :lol:

zenrat

I didn't bother searching (I work on the principle everything has been done before), but if I did I might have found this.

Not exactly what I am building but close enough.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

loupgarou

Quote from: Tophe on October 30, 2015, 10:41:11 PM

In the same page, I think this is another nice idea "Alternative (mirror) BV.141 layout", wolud confuse JMN minds trying to understand what's wrong...
http://www.geocities.ws/asymmetrics/bv141alt.htm
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

RAFF-35

Quote from: zenrat on October 31, 2015, 04:34:28 AM
I didn't bother searching (I work on the principle everything has been done before), but if I did I might have found this.

Not exactly what I am building but close enough.

Wow, that's eerily similar, just the extra engine one the nose has been added

Rick Lowe

Quote from: RAFF-35 on October 31, 2015, 01:08:37 AM
I'll use whatever cannon I can find  ;D although I think that an 88 would tear the frame apart  :thumbsup:

What about just a simple tube and a 'pepperpot' muzzle brake, like the Panzer E-100?
(Not meaning a 128mm gun, just the same style of muzzle brake.)

http://nast-sonderfahrzeuge.de/fotosammlung/albums/userpics/10002/E100-E90-Krokodil-E75-E25.JPG

Although you would probably be best to attach a blast shield between the muzzle brake and the fuselage - maybe a curved one over the actual barrel like the SUU gun pods?

Just a thought

Cheers