Previous topic - Next topic

Allan

RAFF-35

Progress update:
PSR finished and first stage of painting has begun,

The paint is still drying  <_<
Don't let ageing get you down, it's too hard to get back up

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Big Gimper

Excellent job. Not a What-if but rather an Only-if.
Work In Progress ::

Lots of stuff

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 21, 2015, 04:00:41 PM
Looking better and better.  :thumbsup:

Very much so from certain angles it reminds me of that post war Soviet recce type - Su 14 ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

RAFF-35

Again, thanking you all for the comments  ;D and again, here's a minor progress update, first layer of splinter has now been applied, painting around the gondola will be done next, then I'll do the undersides and add the weaponry etc  :lol:

PR19_Kit

Hmmm, I note the SAR Rotodyne in the background too.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

RAFF-35

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 22, 2015, 02:23:29 PM

Wow those eyes are sharp  :thumbsup:

PR19_Kit

Regards
Kit

RAFF-35

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 23, 2015, 12:38:58 AM
Quote from: RAFF-35 on October 22, 2015, 11:30:15 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 22, 2015, 02:23:29 PM

Wow those eyes are sharp  :thumbsup:

It's YELLOW! ;D

Yeah, but it could've been DHL or fire fighting or something  :lol:

Tophe

Very nice twin-boomer!
Glenn built one such double-141 in the past, with connected tailplanes if I remember. You add a good one to the family, thanks!

EDIT: I have added your one to my collection at http://www.kristofmeunier.fr/twin_boom_whatif_1939_45.htm , Blohm und Voss part (with Glenn's one and a Photopainted picture I did in the past, almost exactly like what you did)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

RAFF-35

Quote from: Tophe on October 23, 2015, 08:45:44 AM
Very nice twin-boomer!
Glenn built one such double-141 in the past, with connected tailplanes if I remember. You add a good one to the family, thanks!

EDIT: I have added your one to my collection at http://www.kristofmeunier.fr/twin_boom_whatif_1939_45.htm , Blohm und Voss part (with Glenn's one and a Photopainted picture I did in the past, almost exactly like what you did)

Thanks a lot Tophe  ;D I was wondering where I had seen that other 141 before, but in my defence, I discovered that build after I had planned my own  :lol: and please could you update the picture on your website when the build is finished? It just looks a bit scuzzy at that stage  :cheers:

RAFF-35

Another minor update; the gondola has now been painted, as have the nose cones. I have resisted the urge to pain the nacelles, wingtips and tail sections yellow, this is because I've found out that apparently the colour coding means that the aircraft would've seen service over the Balkans/Crete, and that wouldn't fit in with the timeline of this aircraft  <_< jobs that still need doing; underside painting, torpedoes painted and mounted, the glazed cone adding, the decals adding and then  finally, the weathering  :lol:

PR19_Kit

Come on, tell us more about the SAR 'dyne pleeeeeeeeease!  ;D

I see undercarriage fairings on the fuselage side and a radome aft of the pylon like a Wessex HAS3 or a Sea King, plus a hefty intake forward of the pylon too.

The 282 is looking REALLY good now.  :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit

Tophe

Quote from: RAFF-35 on October 23, 2015, 11:20:36 AM
please could you update the picture on your website when the build is finished? It just looks a bit scuzzy at that stage  :cheers:
Of course, I will update when you tell me "this is the finished view". Congratulations again! :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]