Blohm & Voss Bv.282 "Nix"

Started by RAFF-35, October 16, 2015, 02:34:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAFF-35

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 23, 2015, 02:51:13 PM
Come on, tell us more about the SAR 'dyne pleeeeeeeeease!  ;D

I see undercarriage fairings on the fuselage side and a radome aft of the pylon like a Wessex HAS3 or a Sea King, plus a hefty intake forward of the pylon too.

The 282 is looking REALLY good now.  :thumbsup:

Hmmmmm...... Only two of your deductions are correct  :thumbsup: and you'll note that the rocket tips are missing too  ;)

Quote from: Tophe on October 23, 2015, 09:29:46 PM
Quote from: RAFF-35 on October 23, 2015, 11:20:36 AM

please could you update the picture on your website when the build is finished? It just looks a bit scuzzy at that stage  :cheers:
Of course, I will update when you tell me "this is the finished view". Congratulations again! :thumbsup:
Thanks again Tophe  :lol:
Don't let ageing get you down, it's too hard to get back up

NARSES2

If B&V had put that forward the Luftwaffe would probably have accepted it
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rick Lowe

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 24, 2015, 01:52:53 AM

I wonder if they could have then sold the RLM a 'cheap, emergency' version in the original configuration?
Half the plane for half the price...  :lol: :rolleyes:

Captain Canada

Wow what a neat looking beast !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

RAFF-35

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 24, 2015, 01:52:53 AM

I like to think so, the Luftwaffe at the time had an irrational hatred of anything other than conventional aircraft. So, with two BMW.132N's, my thinking is that it would be faster than the Ju.88, and with a twin boom, it should have similar, if not better range too, however, I don't think the aircraft would be quite as versatile as the junkers  <_<

The Wooksta!

BMW 132 wouldn't have the output of a Jumo 211, 213 or a BMW 801.

The 141A had the 132 but the B series had the more powerful 801, which the model has.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

RAFF-35

Even better!  :thumbsup: thanks for the info Wooksta  ;D

KiwiZac

I want one. She looks the business!

Undercarriage - I'd be torn between taildragger like the 141 (albeit with two tailwheel legs) and a tricycle set-up.
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

RAFF-35

Latest update; almost done, weathering and daylight photos will take place in the morrow.  :thumbsup:

PR19_Kit

That looks SO darned believable!  :thumbsup: :bow:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TomZ

This look VERY good. Great idea and good execution!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

TomZ

Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

The Chaos

Army of One

That looks fantastic........!!! So plausible.......I'll show Max where his torpedoes went.....he'll love it.......
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

RAFF-35

Thanks all, should hopefully look even more real after a tincy bit of weathering  :lol: and thanks again H, you've given the Nix its bite  :thumbsup:

Cobra

You've Done a Superb Job on the Nix :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Why do i See some JMNs Scratching their Heads and Looking in Books on Blohm & Voss Trying to Find it? Keep up the Superb Work :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Dan