Irish Air Corps Brewster Buffalo, 1940, BoB

Started by nighthunter, October 20, 2015, 10:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nighthunter

So, this got timed just right, I guess, lol. I decided to resume work on my Irish Air Corps Brewster Buffalo, with a twist, there are going to be RAF Recognition Markings added to avoid friendly fire incidents. Basically, the Irish Government bought the Brewster Buffalos originally planned for Belgium, after it fell to the Germans. Originally, Ireland was to remain neutral due to German Overtures to respect Irish Neutrality and promises that if Great Britain fell, Northern Ireland would be returned to Ireland. British Intelligence intercepted a transmission that the German Ambassador sent to Germany stating the Irish were falling for the German plan, which was devised to keep the Irish from helping defend Great Britain against the planned German Invasion of All the British Isles. This was then shared with the Irish Government, which brought the Irish to the side of the Allies. Needing Aircraft, they purchased the interred Buffalos, and shipped them to Ireland. After being refurbished, a squadron was formed to use them, and they were based in Great Britain, and used to intercept bombers while the British Spitfires took on the fighters. Several Aces were made in this process.

My Work thus far.

"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

KiwiZac

A very clever idea for a BoB build, I'm keen to see how it turns out!
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

Spey_Phantom

looks good  :thumbsup:

and ex-Belgian, i thought i recognised the green/brown camo with aluminium metal underside (typical for newer Belgian aircraft on those days)  ;D
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

nighthunter

Well, chaps, decals are on their way! Hopefully I'll have her done before the deadline!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: nighthunter on December 09, 2015, 02:25:19 PM
Well, chaps, decals are on their way! Hopefully I'll have her done before the deadline!

11 days to go...........
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

nighthunter

So, surprise, first, work, then the holidays and now a move have prevented me from working on anything. It sucks, but I will be back in the cockpit in the next few weeks.

Captain Canada

Cheers. Looking forward to seeing her all done. Looks great so far.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?