how would you What If an historical figure model?

Started by Allan, October 21, 2015, 05:53:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allan

say someone famous or a military figure....give him/her modern day dress or perhaps a mobile phone/backpack to use if it was, say a model of Anne Boleyn or up-to-date weaponry if it was, say, an Aztec warrior?

Weaver

Yeah that sort of thing. I have a 1/16th Roman Legionary and a Beretta sub-machine gun in the stash.... :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

zenrat

As a youth I built some of the Airfix 54mm mounted figures.
I didn't whiff them back then but it strikes me that they would be prime material for a steam-punk build.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

scooter

Quote from: Weaver on October 21, 2015, 08:29:13 PM
Yeah that sort of thing. I have a 1/16th Roman Legionary and a Beretta sub-machine gun in the stash.... :wacko:

Don't forget about the Dodge Power Wagon...
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Gondor

I read an article in a wargames magazine for traveller about twisting tech levels. It's easy enough to suppose that some technologies become more advanced than others so seeing Roman legionaries driving a Dodge while using a sat-nav to navigate would not necessarily be at odds with each other depending on your universe.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

ChernayaAkula

What are you waiting for?  ;D
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

zenrat

Quote from: Gondor on October 22, 2015, 04:47:13 AM
I read an article in a wargames magazine for traveller about twisting tech levels. It's easy enough to suppose that some technologies become more advanced than others so seeing Roman legionaries driving a Dodge while using a sat-nav to navigate would not necessarily be at odds with each other depending on your universe.

Gondor

Not in the Trigan Empire Universe anyway.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Rick Lowe

I was always a fan of the neat looking aircraft they had in those stories... never actually did anything about building one, mind you...
And the amount of exhaust they belched out would put even a B-36 or B-52 to shame! :blink:

ISTR one of the later designs was quite reminiscent of the Boing JSF...

Might have to look up some of my old comics...
Great, more projects! :rolleyes:

Cheers

crudebuteffective

IIRC there was a star trek episode set in a world with romans with WW2 M3 Grease gun SMGs
Remember, if the reality police ask you haven't seen us in ages!
When does "old enough to know better" kick in?

NARSES2

Quote from: crudebuteffective on October 24, 2015, 12:01:06 AM
IIRC there was a star trek episode set in a world with romans with WW2 M3 Grease gun SMGs

Yup involved televised gladiatorial games and a slave revolt.

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Quote from: zenrat on October 23, 2015, 01:57:36 AM
Quote from: Gondor on October 22, 2015, 04:47:13 AM

Gondor

Not in the Trigan Empire Universe anyway.

True, but it is a good example of what I was referring to. Parts of this world have a similar leaning towards such technological diversity with living in either mud huts or shanty towns but using Hi-Tech equipment such as Satellite TV.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Gondor on October 24, 2015, 03:38:42 AM
living in either mud huts or shanty towns but using Hi-Tech equipment such as Satellite TV.

Gondor

Well, at least they have their priorities straight... modern buildings/materials? Efficient and Hygienic delivery of clean and removal of waste water?

Nope, we want MTV and Reality Cooking/Audition shows!!   :banghead:

Weaver

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on October 22, 2015, 07:22:53 AM

What are you waiting for?  ;D

Skill, and an excuse to promote it above the 200-odd other projects on the to-do list  :rolleyes:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

Quote from: Rick Lowe on October 24, 2015, 09:07:41 PM
Quote from: Gondor on October 24, 2015, 03:38:42 AM
living in either mud huts or shanty towns but using Hi-Tech equipment such as Satellite TV.

Gondor

Well, at least they have their priorities straight... modern buildings/materials? Efficient and Hygienic delivery of clean and removal of waste water?

Nope, we want MTV and Reality Cooking/Audition shows!!   :banghead:

Just goes to show that once you've seen enough of the Kardashians, you no longer care whether you live or die....

- Indiana Jones