Help needed Re- Australian Arm Turbo Porter

Started by JayBee, October 22, 2015, 06:41:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayBee

Does anyone have a 3 (or greater) view drawing of the Australian Army Turbo Porter wearing the "Patches" scheme? I believe the were operated by 173rd Surveillance Squadron, 1st Aviation Brigade, Royal Australian Army Air Corps (AAC).

I have found two source refs for the scheme.

SAM (Scale Aircraft Modelling) Vol 19 No. 3
APMA (Australian Plastic Modellers Association(I think)) 01/1982.

I think I have seen the drawing from the latter ref..

If anyone has such a drawing, could scan it, and e-mail me (e-mail address in the members info) the images, I would be most grateful.

Jim
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

jcf

So what is the 'patches' scheme and how does it differ from the Oz Porter cammo schemes found
in numerous photos?

Gondor

Quote from: JayBee on October 22, 2015, 06:41:10 AM
Does anyone have a 3 (or greater) view drawing of the Australian Army Turbo Porter wearing the "Patches" scheme? I believe the were operated by 173rd Surveillance Squadron, 1st Aviation Brigade, Royal Australian Army Air Corps (AAC).

If anyone has such a drawing, could scan it, and e-mail me (e-mail address in the members info) the images, I would be most grateful.

Jim

I have the SAM Issue, would you like a copy of the whole article or just the drawings?

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

JayBee

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on October 22, 2015, 10:46:25 AM
So what is the 'patches' scheme and how does it differ from the Oz Porter cammo schemes found
in numerous photos?

I assume you are asking about the Tan/Green/Black scheme. It was apparently called "Patches" because that is what it looked like (Good old Oz slang).

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

JayBee

Quote from: Gondor on October 22, 2015, 10:55:36 AM
Quote from: JayBee on October 22, 2015, 06:41:10 AM

Jim

I have the SAM Issue, would you like a copy of the whole article or just the drawings?

Gondor

Alistair,

if it gives the full 3 view plan, then yes please to the drawings. I do not need the article.

Thanks mate,

Jim

Cats are not real. 

JayBee

Thanks JCF, that cardboard model gives me all the info I need.
Thanks also to Gondor for scanning the SAM article.

I am not building a Turbo-Porter, but it is something for the SIG's mini theme for SMW, Airfix new moulds with box top.

Cats are not real.