My 1/144 models at the Dutch IPMS Nationals

Started by TomZ, November 01, 2015, 11:00:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomZ

Here: http://www.designation-systems.net/usmilav/coverdesignations.html is the list I used for the F-110 plus designations for my models.

At the bottom it says:
"There are also reports which link the F-116 and F-118 designations to the MiG-25 and MiG-29, respectively. But these reports are rather vague rumours which do not claim any "first hand source" as a reference, and are therefore not included in the above listing.

TomZ
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

Rick Lowe

Maybe they were 'paper' designations, in case the US ever got the chance to evaluate them?

Or possibly they sent people to friendly countries after the wall came down, did evaluations in-country and they were the designations assigned when the reports were written up?
IIRC the Luftwaffe was operating both NATO and WARPAC types after reunification.

Just my humble opinion...  ;)

JayBee

It is interesting that they reuse the F-110 designation as that was the original designation for the USAF Phantom, before tri-service designations came in.

Then of course there is the old story about the use/non-use of F-19.  :rolleyes:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

TomZ

Quote from: JayBee on November 02, 2015, 09:35:50 AM
Then of course there is the old story about the use/non-use of F-19.  :rolleyes:

Why, everybody knows that the F-19 looked like this:

;D ;D ;D ;D

TomZ

Captain Canada

I went and googled them and found out they were Anigrand ! But thanks  :thumbsup: Beautiful kits, Did you build all of the little birds that came with them ?

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

TomZ

Quote from: Captain Canada on November 02, 2015, 09:58:53 AM
Did you build all of the little birds that came with them ?
:cheers:

I built a few. This year I finished the F-100 to F-118.
For next year I'm planning the F-80 to F99. Many of those will be Anigrand bonus kits too.

TomZ

seadude

Just from the few Anigrand kits I've bought and built, I'd say they're so-so. I really like the fact that you get extra bonus kits with the main kit depending on what you buy.  :thumbsup:
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.