My 1/144 models at the Dutch IPMS Nationals

Started by TomZ, November 01, 2015, 11:00:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomZ

As requested by some I post some pictures of my 1/144 models at the Dutch IPMS Nationals

Grumman A-12 Avenger II & Boeing EX

USAF Century Series fighters

Boeing XB-55

Boeing XB-59

Convair XB-53

Boeing WB-1 AEW

Junkers C-79

TomZ
www.airwar1946.nl
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

Nick

Wow! Some unusual models there, I like the first two especially.

JayBee

Wow, Wow, Wow.  :bow: :thumbsup: :cheers:

Tom what was the basis for the F-100? I seam to remember a kit, Otaki I think, that was dreadful.

Jim
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

TomZ

Quote from: JayBee on November 01, 2015, 11:23:56 AM
Tom what was the basis for the F-100? I seam to remember a kit, Otaki I think, that was dreadful.
Jim

You caught me!  ;D
I couldn't find a kit of the F-100 and F-106 so they are F-Toys ready made models.

TomZ

Captain Canada

I've got a Revell 106 in the stash.

What are the XB-55 and 59 from ? Love those !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

TomZ

PR19_Kit

Some seriously awesome stuff there Tom, most impressive.  :thumbsup: :bow:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Glenn Gilbertson

seadude

Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

Rick Lowe

The Chaos

zenrat

Excellent work there Tom.
Not criticising your work but the Mig 29 just looks wrong to me in NMF with stars & bars.
The Boeing EX is great.
Be prepared for questions from our resident troll... ;D
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

TomZ

Quote from: zenrat on November 02, 2015, 01:44:00 AM
Not criticising your work but the Mig 29 just looks wrong to me in NMF with stars & bars.

The USA did test a MiG-29 and supposedly is was designated F-118. However I couldn't find any pics or descriptions of how it looked.
So I have no idea if that one accurate in natural metal or not.

TomZ

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

seadude

Quote from: TomZ on November 02, 2015, 03:19:16 AM
Quote from: zenrat on November 02, 2015, 01:44:00 AM

The USA did test a MiG-29 and supposedly is was designated F-118. However I couldn't find any pics or descriptions of how it looked.
So I have no idea if that one accurate in natural metal or not.

TomZ

I'm not aware of there being a MiG-19 in U.S. markings? I'll have to look that up. But for those wondering why the MiGs are the way they are, I'm guessing it's because of this, right?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4477th_Test_and_Evaluation_Squadron

There's two books which I already have that discusses secret MiG exploitation in the U.S. :
http://www.amazon.com/Red-Eagles-Americas-General-Aviation/dp/1846039703/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1446473651&sr=8-1&keywords=red+eagles
http://www.amazon.com/MiGs-Over-Nevada-Exploitation-Projects/dp/1499551657/ref=pd_sim_14_2?ie=UTF8&dpID=51Olyv641xL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR124%2C160_&refRID=0PHJ8P4PF2W4XV2M8V2S

I also have plans to create a special "American MiG" model display. I'll be working on mine sometime soon, maybe next week.
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.