Luftwaffe Avia B.35

Started by Nick, November 01, 2015, 12:46:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nighthunter

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 03, 2015, 02:19:10 PM
That looks like someone at an Aircraft Repair Depot grafted a Hurricane tail onto a Spitfire front.  ;D :lol:

But I like it a lot.  :thumbsup:

Actually, Kit, the entire thing is just parts from a Hurricane (Nose & Intakes), the rest is the actual B.35/135
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

PR19_Kit

Quote from: nighthunter on November 03, 2015, 04:22:31 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 03, 2015, 02:19:10 PM
That looks like someone at an Aircraft Repair Depot grafted a Hurricane tail onto a Spitfire front.  ;D :lol:

But I like it a lot.  :thumbsup:

Actually, Kit, the entire thing is just parts from a Hurricane (Nose & Intakes), the rest is the actual B.35/135

I like it, I'm even thinking of building something of that ilk now I'll have more Whiff modelling time.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Nick

Here is the near finished bird. It's these pics that tell me what else needs doing - painting the exhausts and gun barrels, adding swastika on the tail, crosses under the wings.

kitbasher

Quote from: TallEng on November 02, 2015, 12:51:31 PM
If you close your eyes and squint a bit :unsure:
Doesn't that just shout "the one before the Spitfire"?
Substitute the engine with say a Kestrel, make the fin
A bit more 'Spitfire' like and et voila......

Regards
Keith

Yep, very much so, and very tempted to give it a go at some point.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.