What's this called?

Started by RAFF-35, November 02, 2015, 04:10:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAFF-35

I've seen several of these types of models before where there's an aircraft fuselage of some description with big off roady tyres and a general mad Maxy feel to them, I was just wondering if there was a specific name for this style or not.... Thanks guys  ;D

Don't let ageing get you down, it's too hard to get back up

Dizzyfugu

JayBee

Maybe "Post Apocalyptic Cyberpunk".
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

RAFF-35

Thanks guys, its the right style, but I've seen a few of these racers with aircraft parts used, but I couldn't find anything like it online for some reason

Mossie

I believe it's inspired by a series of resin models called 'Junk Tank Rock'.  Splitting hairs, but more dieselpunk than cyberpunk.  I think the original racer was called the Talon and based on a Spitfire.  A few here have had a go at something similar, puddingwrestler comes to mind but the pics are dead for me:
http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,29122.0.html
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Captain Canada

Very cool ! Love the look of that one.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

RAFF-35

Quote from: Mossie on November 02, 2015, 08:17:23 AM
I believe it's inspired by a series of resin models called 'Junk Tank Rock'.  Splitting hairs, but more dieselpunk than cyberpunk.  I think the original racer was called the Talon and based on a Spitfire.  A few here have had a go at something similar, puddingwrestler comes to mind but the pics are dead for me:
http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,29122.0.html

Brilliant!! Thanks a lot mossie, that's what I was after  ;D  :bow: pictures are dead for me too  :-\ maybe our next GB should be 'junk tank rock'  ;D  :thumbsup:

Mossie

:thumbsup:

I've got a P-38 kit out right now, thinking hmmmmm...... ;D ;D ;D
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

RAFF-35

And I've got a redundant me.262 and 109 fuselage in the stash  ;D

Army of One

Oh cool......maybe just found a use for a 1/48 Phantom.......kit with no wings.......whatever it will be, it will be fast.......an smoky....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!