SC4VENGER Kitbash - FINISHED !

Started by Austanker, November 07, 2015, 12:12:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Austanker

I've had this idea for a couple of years and recently was able to pickup the main donor kit cheaply on Ebay the 1/35 Morser Karl kit from Dragon , I had the idea of a large vehicle roaming the post apocalyptic wastelands scavenging parts and transporting goods.
Initially I was going to incorporate a Dragon Wagon cab into the model but the cost of trashing a kit was too high , I did have a HEMTT cab left over from my Blazelands Transport Inc project and this has worked out perfect
I have a great pile of kits now to source bits from ......

After getting to this stage I thought basically I have built an MLRS lol then I started adding components , firstly was this scratch built tank made from a Berocca container , pretty happy how this turned out as I don't do a lot of scratch work

Next was trying to come up with something to fill the massive tray area of the Morser as I am not using the big cannon ( another project  :wacko: ) , I thought one of those Italeri shipping containers might do the trick as a living quarters and spent a reluctant 39 bucks on one but when I tried it on for size it was just too dammed big and ugly , so back to my notes from years ago and I remembered I was going to use an M113 body so back to the hobby store and bought the Tamiya version , I have built the Academy version before and it is a far superior kit to the Tamiya one if you are considering getting one btw

After a week of staring and slowly building components I decided on which way round I was going to position the living quarters and came up with the configuration above

This week I have slowly been adding more greeblies , the crane setup from the HEMTT kit , M113 body and should be ready to start painting the cabin interior so I can assemle that and finish building

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

Hmmm, looking at this creation, I somehow get the impression that any military equipment should be omitted, a erectable drilling rig be added and the whole thing painted in yellow or orange. Reminds me a lot of a mineral resource exploration vehicle/device for remote areas like Canada, Alaska or Russian tundra?

Looks cool, nevertheless, curious what become of it.  :thumbsup:

zenrat

Is it going to have a crew of Jawas?
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Austanker

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on November 07, 2015, 02:18:35 AM
Hmmm, looking at this creation, I somehow get the impression that any military equipment should be omitted, a erectable drilling rig be added and the whole thing painted in yellow or orange. Reminds me a lot of a mineral resource exploration vehicle/device for remote areas like Canada, Alaska or Russian tundra?

Looks cool, nevertheless, curious what become of it.  :thumbsup:

This what I'm thinking of except this vehicle has been utilised after the apocalypse so the add on bits would be a different colour I'm thinking of an orange and white colour scheme , was considering a CAT scheme yellow n black as well , it will be staffed by all female Amazon warrior chicks Zenrat ;)

kerick

Remember the trash collecting robots from WALL E? They all had a yellow and black scheme. I hope you have lots of weathering materials gathered together what ever scheme you choose!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

Female Jawa chicks?
:-\

If you go for CAT branding then note they use a very particular and distinctive shade of yellow and if you got it wrong inaccurate then some people might complain.
Personally i'd go for Kobelco (aqua) or Kubota (Orange) just to be different.
Fred

Austanker

Quote from: zenrat on November 07, 2015, 06:46:06 PM
Female Jawa chicks?
:-\

If you go for CAT branding then note they use a very particular and distinctive shade of yellow and if you got it wrong inaccurate then some people might complain.
Personally i'd go for Kobelco (aqua) or Kubota (Orange) just to be different.

True that yellow is tricky , I'm inspired by this colour scheme orange and white and have also taken onboard Dizzys comments about the military gear and am considering swapping the gun for a spotlight , the figures I want to use are Masterbox Desert Warriors http://www.mbltd.info/35122.htm
and Sasha the welding girl from Industria Mechanika https://industriamechanika.com/shop/figures/40-135-sasha-the-welding-girl.html

zenrat

As a health and safety professional i'd have to question Sasha's choice of work wear.

I my younger years I remember seeing at the flicks a supporting feature (remember them?) on tourism in the Canadian Arctic.  They had footage of what looked like a cross between a bus and a monster truck.  Only they hadn't invented monster trucks yet.
I can't find a picture on the interweb but I did find this which is pretty cool.

Fred

Austanker

oh that is sweet that would be a great project

BadMoon

silverwindblade

Looking forward to seeing how this progresses!
Amidst the blue skies, a link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector...
Gordon's Alive, a Podcast I host. Check us out!

Weaver

Hmm, HEMTT cab on a WWII tracked chassis with a crane at the back... that seems a familiar concept.... ;D

The colour, which would be eminently suitable for an arctic drilling rig, is Humbrol 174. If you want something more orangey, try Humbrol 132.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Austanker

ha like it is that yours ? Looks like something from Thunderbirds ,  I haven't seen that model before now I will have to go back to my wasteland paint scheme lol

Lol I even scratch built a spotlight the other night , heres is my beast so far , cabin interior painted

some cargo items and ordering some figures this week for the diorama , probably some kind of desert scene