SC4VENGER Kitbash - FINISHED !

Started by Austanker, November 07, 2015, 12:12:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Quote from: Austanker on November 16, 2015, 03:22:21 AM
ha like it is that yours ? Looks like something from Thunderbirds ,  I haven't seen that model before now I will have to go back to my wasteland paint scheme lol

Yep: http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,40415.0.html

Paint it any colour you want mate: that's why I gave you the paint codes. Yours is always going to be different to mine. here's a thought: why not paint it red or orange nicely, then slap desert paint over it roughly so the red shows through in places, the idea being that it's pre-apocalypse identity still shows through?

Lol I even scratch built a spotlight the other night , heres is my beast so far , cabin interior painted

That's excellent! Bottom line is, it's just the right damn place for a spotlight!

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Logan Hartke

That looks great! How hard would it be to open the engine hatch on the M113? With the engine no longer needed and the rear ramp blocked, I can see that being propped open when not in combat and used as the primary method of ingress and egress to that compartment.

Cheers,

Logan

Captain Canada

That is awesome. Love the look and the shear size. Great job on all the little bits as well, sure looks like a fun project !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Austanker

QuotePaint it any colour you want mate: that's why I gave you the paint codes. Yours is always going to be different to mine. here's a thought: why not paint it red or orange nicely, then slap desert paint over it roughly so the red shows through in places, the idea being that it's pre-apocalypse identity still shows through?

Yep I thinking something like that but I'm still liking the Mad Max War Rig black look , I'm not really up on weathering gonna try my best tho I was going to go the full Air Sea Orange

QuoteThat looks great! How hard would it be to open the engine hatch on the M113? With the engine no longer needed and the rear ramp blocked, I can see that being propped open when not in combat and used as the primary method of ingress and egress to that compartment.

Its a bit hard to see but I have made a door next to the engine compartment so the crew can enter there , I thinking the engine compartment might hold a generator / air con plant

Logan Hartke

buzzbomb

Stuff like this always gets me interested.
I like where this appears to be headed

Austanker

Update
I have finished assembling the vehicle and have done most of the painting , finally decided on doing it in a grey colour with heavy weathering , I'm not the best effects painter so this time I tried something new - salt chipping method , after watching some YouTube tutorials I set about doing the effect on my model and I reckon its come out pretty bloody good , so painting is about 90% done
My figures came in the post and have presented a small problem , I had intended to use the Masterbox Skull Clan Death Angels and Industria Mechanikas Sasha the Welding girl on the planned diorama scene but the figures are out of whack in scale ( see photo ) , this has forced me to do a rethink on the final scene layout , I think Sasha will have to miss this gig and be in the next project  :-\

Below are my salt chipped bits n pieces , dont want to spoil the finished model yet but you can get an idea from the drivers door of the look

zenrat

I think they'd be OK if they were not standing right next to each other.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Austanker

Yeh I could sort of do the forced perspective thing but I have another scenario worked out , should be cool Sasha will be working on my next beastie which is half built  :wacko:

NARSES2

Interesting shadows to paint on the smaller lass in particular  :rolleyes:

The size difference is a real shame. You can't even get away with saying one is just petite because the heads are just so way different  :banghead:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Austanker

zenrat

Excellent, me likey. :thumbsup:
I think it's the combination of the cab and tracks but it's shouting SHADO to me.
An ex SHADO mobile engineering support or crashed UFO recovery vehicle maybe?
Whatever, great work on the weathering.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Austanker

Thanks , my back story for it is its a re purposed mining vehicle , modified for post apocalyptic use , I let bits of the original colours of some components show , it is in constant use and is added to as parts are found the newest bit being the searchlight which missed out on the initial grey paintjob , in this scene our lusty ladies have ventured deep into the forbidden zone to recover a valuable V8 engine , marauders are less well off and travel by foot and are not heavily armed so the vehicle has minimal protection but a nice 50 cal for large mobs as well as a myriad of personal automatic weapons on board

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Austanker

Thanks , first attempt at salt chipping so pretty happy , my imagination outstrips my painting skills but still came out pretty cool , must get a better camera too