Messerschmitt bf 110 Tri-motor

Started by Bungle, November 10, 2015, 03:29:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bungle

Late entry into the Group Build and one at the moment with no planning or feasibility study and, at the moment, no back story.

What I do have is an Eduard bf 110 C/D kit in 1/72nd scale which to those not familiar with the kit comes with a separate nose section. I also have a spare DB 601 resin nose from a 1/72nd bf 109. Perhaps the two could be introduced and a courtship started leading to an early marriage. That's about as far as I got.

The spanner in the works are obvious.... replacing the nose in the 110 with an engine also gets rid of the 110 armaments so should it become ...

• 1.  A bomber
  • 2.  A reconnaissance aircraft
  • 3.  A Zerstörer possibly with under fuselage or under wing cannons

The resin nose comes with the nose mounted machine guns a la 109 - should I leave them in place ?

One request..... all this is in my head any of you guys out there with a flair for creative drawing fancy putting together a plan line drawing of a 110 with a third engine ? Would be grateful.
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

Tophe

I made a 3-engined Bf-110 Zwilling, I am going to make a not-zwilling 3-engined one, and related zwillings (4-engines? 5-engines? 6-engines?)...
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Bungle

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 10, 2015, 11:44:51 AM
How'll this do you?

That will do nicely (sorry no disrespect meant Tophe - don't think I have the time for either of your 110's) Thank you kit. I now know what it should look like - what it will look like that's another thing.
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

Captain Canada

Love the look with those engines....be it 2 or 3 !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Tophe

Thank you Kit, and thank you Bungle, just let me dream of a 3-engined Me-110Z, designed with the help of Blohm und Voss:

Bungle

Groan .... just bought another 110 and I'm blaming you Tophe !

Have I time to do a twin fuselage 110 ? Do I keep to my original plan ?

Decisions, Decisions.

(Mind you the B&V versions look tempting...... :banghead:)

TallEng

Oh That Tophe!
He's the devil in disguise you know :o
Just look at all his lovely Mustang creations  :rolleyes:
He'll drive you mad I say.....

Regards
:blink:
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

kerick

Three engines sounds interesting! It might have given it enough horse power to be more effective.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Tophe

Sorry, I did not want to put trouble in your head, my drawings were just crazy dreams... while your own tri-motor 110 seems sane, good...

Captain Canada

You may right or you may be crazy, but it just may be a Tuna Fish you're looking for.....either way, I like that second three engine example Tophe !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kerick

You can tune a piano but you can't tuna fish.

Yes, I know this has nothing to do with anything........ 
It's late.....
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

dumaniac

zenrat

Quote from: kerick on November 11, 2015, 04:45:33 PM
You can tune a piano but you can't tuna fish.

I tried, but I had trouble with my scales...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

perttime

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 10, 2015, 11:44:51 AM
How'll this do you?

Is three 20mm guns through prop hubs enough, or do you need some small guns through the props?