Spit-fire-ful Mk 91&94

Started by Tophe, October 25, 2004, 07:22:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

In the 1980s-early 1990s, there was no 1/72 Griffon-Spitfire available... Then Pegasus produced a Spiteful, and I ordered one immediately, though the silhouette was too bulky for me, far from the beautifil Spitfire Mk 24. So I bought another one and thinned it till I was satisfied (far more than a Spit 24)... :)
Then I bought another one and a Spit V, and I cut into the Spiteful a kind of thinned Spitfire 21 with the V canopy (far thinner than the Spit21 at last...). :)
[I seldom used propellers, elevators, engine pipes on my models, just focusing on a nice profile – with wings, yes, just to make a beautiful cross... :) ]

For the pictures : read
Spitfireful 94 :)  – Spiteful :(
Spitfireful 91 :)  - Spiteful :(
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

nev

Quotethe beautifil Spitfire Mk 24
:wub:  :wub:

I'm with you 100% Tophe  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Tophe

The Matchbox Spitfire 24 was wonderful, but 1/32...

Captain Canada

Looking good, Tophe !

I like the Spifireful 94 best, very sweet lines on that one !

Cheers !

:wub:  :wub:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

QuoteThe Matchbox Spitfire 24 was wonderful, but 1/32...
Wow !

Is that thing still available ? I'd love to build one, and hang 'er in the boys room !

Onward Spitfires !

:lol:  ;)  :wub:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Ollie

Check Ebay Toadarov.

Wookst by, do you still have that 1/32 Venom laying around?

Alvis 3.1

Tophe

QuoteThe Matchbox Spitfire 24 was wonderful, but 1/32...
Onward Spitfires !
Uh, I feel guilty somehow, preferring the Spitfire 21 (minor detail in history) than the Spitfire 1 that save the World (History-hero)... and the Griffon Spit 24 (bubble dead-end) than the Merlin Spit 16 (hero's bubble brother)...
As I said, I am just a lunatic dreamer, not the official minister of History, commanding the right direction for the very top respect of old soldiers. When I was a child, I read a RAF pilot book (Peter Townsend's 'Duel of eagles') explaining that the Hurricane was not as good as the Bf 109 while the Spitfire was far better than the 109... I have read also that the Luftwaffe ace Galland facing Goering's question "how Germany could win the war?" answered smiling "give us Spitfires, sir"... I know all that, and I respect the lovers of the Spit 1/5/9/16, I thank the veterans that faced death for me not to have to shout "Heil fuhrer!" 20 times a day. Though, as a modeller, I simply prefered the Spitfires 21/24 silhouettes, then my Spit-fire-ful 91/94... Sorry. :(  :)  :wacko:  

elmayerle

I admit to a predjudice toward the Mk.21 Spitfire, I've got the parts set aside to combine one of those with the canopy and such from the "Speed Spitfire" and a de-mil'd wing to produce a post-war air racer with the contra-prop.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Tophe

Quotethe canopy and such from the "Speed Spitfire" and a de-mil'd wing to produce a post-war air racer with the contra-prop.
A Griffon-Spitfire racer with parabolic wind-screen? It would be nice close to a Griffon-Mustang racer like the Red Baron... With the same colours or team-markings... :wub: