Armstrong Whitworth Lamington

Started by zenrat, November 12, 2015, 12:54:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

I am putting intercoolers into the gaps at the leading edge wing roots.
Here is a pic with one of the original wings overlaid as an idea of how much they've grown.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

Regards
Kit

zenrat

PSR operations commencing.  Initial sanding on RH intercooler intake finished.
Fred

PR19_Kit

I always thought the Lamington's cockpit was a long way aft, but now it makes sense seeing one in 3D, as it were. The wings are SO long that the hapless pilot has to be that far aft or he wouldn't have a hope of looking down to see his targets!  ;)

Really looking the business now Fred.  :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Thanks Kit.  A lot more PSR to go though.
I must admit i've always had a liking for aircraft with the cockpit waaaaaaaaaay aft.  The Dewoitine already fitted into that category and lengthening the nose has only made it better.
Fred

zenrat

PSR is done and all the big bits are connected into one lump ready for the last coat of primer and then the paint.
10 days might be pushing it though.  We'll see.
Fred

zenrat

Ready for paint.
PRU pink I think.
I shall make my own.
I may also add a speckled white camo effect to the upper surfaces.

Fred

zenrat

And having done some research I may change my answer...

According to what I read PRU pink was used for recce aircraft operating at medium level.  As the Lamington is designed to operate at high altitude then I may use PRU blue instead.
Fred

PR19_Kit

Looking forward to seeing it in colour.  ;D

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on December 15, 2015, 02:54:19 AM
And having done some research I may change my answer...

According to what I read PRU pink was used for recce aircraft operating at medium level.  As the Lamington is designed to operate at high altitude then I may use PRU blue instead.

Ah, but at this stage of the War the PRU was still very much an on going development project and they were using a whole variety of colour schemes before settling on the ones we know (or think we do) and love
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

JayBee

My understanding of PRU Pink was that it was for aircraft that would be operating in the lower altitudes and was intended to make them less visible against the cloudbase.

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!