63' HSGB

Started by zenrat, November 13, 2015, 11:54:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

I've started a floaty thing.
Airfix RAF Rescue Launch which I am repurposing to anti invasion duties with more guns.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Tophe

You teaser... will you tell us more? ;)
(probably yes someday but soon would be good)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

tigercat

zenrat

I plan to replace one of single gun turrets with a multi gun one from a heavy bomber and emplace a dual purpose gun into the front bit of deck (is that the fo'c's'le?).

So far I have glued the halves of the hull together and today attached the rather ill fitting transom.

<later>  Foredeck not fo'c's'le.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

tigercat

A High speed monitor ? Not that I'm trying to give you ideas. Adjust halo.

zenrat

High Speed Gun Boat.  Smaller and faster then the Dog Boats & Fairmile C's but with lighter armament.  Ideal for getting in amongst barges being towed across the channel.  I had thought about using a quad 50 mount from a Matchbox M16 half track but decided to use something else I had in my stash already.
Fred

NARSES2

More likely to be a quad or octet of 2pdr Pom-Poms - enough to spoil anyone's day !
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Nice idea looking forward to seeing it !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

So, now the Hs 127 & Pamplemousse are finished I shall get on with the floaty thing.

Here's where i'm at so far.  I've removed the stowed scramble nets from the rear sides of the deck, drilled a hole for the new front gun and built a breakwater to keep the sea away from the gun.

Fred

zenrat

This now has a wheelhouse and the rest of the superstructure is coming along but will I finish in 10 days?
Probably not.
Never mind, i've been thinking it'd look good as a PDRV Revenue Protection vessel...
Fred