Lightning..!!!

Started by Army of One, November 14, 2015, 02:17:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Army of One

Right......one from me.......I'm a fan of the P38. My take on this BoB build is......maybe the USA hasn't entered the war yet, and they are using BoB to combat test their hardware.....the P38F app flew in early 1942.....maybe it flew a bit earlier.......it was fully equipped but  pilots were ordered not to pursue enemy a/c across the channnel......
The P38F is finished in contemporary fighters finish, i wanted the markings to come from maybe a Defiant sqn......i also wanted to do the one black wing underside.....just gotta find some suitable markings......the thin booms are causing some problems......

The kit used.....a cheap ebay win.....

The parts....

Cockpit tub n pilot.....tried to make him look RAF.....

Going together well.......the airfix kit went together well.....i liked it.....

Undercoat.....

First layer in camo.....

Hope you like.........
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

PR19_Kit

Now THAT'S different.  :thumbsup:

Visually it could be a P-38E as they first flew in Oct '41, the F maybe pushing the 18 month rule a little far....  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Tophe

Quote from: Army of One on November 14, 2015, 02:17:13 PM
I'm a fan of the P38.
I'm a fan of the P-38 too. Do you have other ideas (even: "impossible to build"), with different shapes, apart of changing the colours? I'd be glad to illustrate new-shape Lightnings.
http://www.kristofmeunier.fr/#Sit
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

RAFF-35

Would 1:144 defiant/Spitfire/hurricane decals fit?
Don't let ageing get you down, it's too hard to get back up

Army of One

Quote from: RAFF-35 on November 15, 2015, 01:18:27 AM
Would 1:144 defiant/Spitfire/hurricane decals fit?

I have to admit i don't know. I was gonna measure up when i got home this eve and look for one of those kits to try out. I hadn't intended any underwing roundels just the ones above the wing and on the boom. Not sure how to get around the  codes yet.......
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

NARSES2

Stuff the suffix  ;D Hank did talk to me about the 18 month leeway but didn't mention the type. All I can say is that it's going to look really good in this scheme  :thumbsup:

I'm also trying to remember how old the kit is ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Army of One

Chris.....cheers....i forgot to tell you whuch model.....didn't have an E.....but had a few others in the stash.....this being the earliest of the bunch when reading Wikipedia. I have to admit i wasn't surehow to approach the underside paint scheme.....part of me said just the pod n wing.....but obviously the other part of me that said.....'do it all' won....

Tophe.....not sure re the lightning.....but I'd like to have a bash at some push/pull.....either a tail config like the Pfeil or a twin boom like the Flitzer...
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Tophe

Thanks, I may work on these ideas next week.
I wish you success finishing your model.

Captain Canada

Great idea...looks so right too !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Army of One

Quote from: Tophe on November 15, 2015, 06:11:56 AM
Thanks, I may work on these ideas next week.
I wish you success finishing your model.

Many thanks.....another layer of paint n then to find the decals.......

Quote from: Captain Canada on November 15, 2015, 01:41:24 PM
Great idea...looks so right too !

:cheers:

Cheers Cap'n C.......
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Army of One

A bit more progress.........

And these turned up today.....awesomecset of decals.....all appear in great register...
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Captain Canada

Looks good ! Love the decals...another good call  :cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kerick

What if you put regular size markings on the nose?
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Tophe

Quote from: Army of One on November 15, 2015, 03:33:22 AM
Tophe.....not sure re the lightning.....but I'd like to have a bash at some push/pull.....either a tail config like the Pfeil or a twin boom like the Flitzer...
The Do-335 Pfeil source was interesting thanks!:

I may try to see for the Flitzer cousins now.
(And congratulations for your model, I don't forget this is the main subject...) ;)

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.