Lightning..!!!

Started by Army of One, November 14, 2015, 02:17:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Army of One

Tophe......great work as usual.......cheers

Chris.......many thanks.....she is part decal'd now.....I'll try and get a pic on tomorrow........
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Tophe

Thanks!
(as a last tribute to your "other ideas", here are the FLI-38A, B, C kinda Flitzered Lightnings...)

By the way, I have read that the British Lightnings had no turbocompressors and thus poor performance at high altitude, while your model seems to have turbocompressors on the booms, is this the what-if correction part (to save better England from Evil)? ;)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Army of One

Yes Tophe.....in the mild backstory......America hasn't entered the war yet and so are using the BoB to combat test their aircraft.....pilots issues strict orders not to chase enemy aircraft across the channel.....similar to early FW190 pilits who were issued an order they must be within glide distance of the friendly coast.......
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Army of One

Some finished pics of Douglas Bader's 610sqn P38E from Tangmere tangling with Adolf Galland in his Bf109F.....

BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

PR19_Kit

Bader in a Lightning?!  :o

Now THAT'S a different idea, I love it! At least  he'd have had no difficulty in getting his tin legs into that big cockpit!  :thumbsup: :bow:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Army of One

Thank you Kit......i was going to ask you re aome custom markings but found a lovely little 1/144 BoB spitfire sheet.....well printed but as thin as anything.......very very delicate.......
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Army of One

Quote from: kerick on November 20, 2015, 05:36:10 PM
What if you put regular size markings on the nose?

Gotta say i never really considered that......mmmmm.....not to sure now......i like how it looks n think it may be a bit 'cluttered' with codes n roundel on the nose......i suppose it looks a bit bare as no nose art like on a US plane.......
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

PR19_Kit

Use a larger version of Bader's 'Boot kicking Hitler' that he carried on his Hurricane, only on both sides?

I may know someone who could do decals of that............  ;)

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Army of One

Oh......could do.......with 610 on the boot instead of 242.......sized for a 1/72 P38.......?  Won't make the deadline......nice to finish it off though.......could you do a couple of the sqn leader pennants as well.....got none of them that are suitable......the 1/144 ones are too small.......
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

PR19_Kit

No probs.  ;D

Give me a couple of days and I'll come up with some samples.

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Very cool. Love the idea !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Army of One

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 17, 2015, 04:53:40 PM
No probs.  ;D

Give me a couple of days and I'll come up with some samples.

Awesome Kit.....cheers
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

PR19_Kit

Make that hours, not days.  ;D

How's this look?

Regards
Kit

Army of One

Oh yes!!!!!! That would work...... :thumbsup:
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.