A

CFB Neil-Vis, Arrow collection

Started by Alvis 3.1, October 25, 2004, 08:15:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alvis 3.1

Missing is Neil's hilarious Australian Arrow with the wings attached to the lower part of the fuselage (story being they got the blueprints mixed up but figured what the hey, we're down under , let's make the plane look the part...)
As much as I love the plane, building about 20 of em in a very short time took all the fun out of it..Ive not done a singel arrow since... :(

Alvis 3.1

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Aircav

Jaw falls open and hits the floor.......................... :o  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Captain Canada

I remember them from ARC a few years back.......just as cool now as they were then !

The high-altitude interceptor, Isreali and orbiter are my favs !

:wub:  :wub:

Ah, if only it were true......
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Ollie

Whoa....

Great job Alvis dude!!

:wub:  

Alvis 3.1

Couldn't find an individual piccie of this one, the Soviet re-design from the "one that got away"..was used in developing the MiG-25...Also, Neil Medcalf deserves a goodly chunk of the credit here as well..not a habitator of either ARC or here, but a great modeller and all round Spitfire Expert as well...

Also...the Turkish one made the IPMS Turkey newsletter last year...I was concerned the ratty appearnace would have offended the editor, but the back story had it being left out as airfield target dummies...Apparently some of the rivet counters there were aghast at a What-If article making the publication..neener neener neeener...I've offended rivet counters in a Muslim country as well....heee hee....

lancer

Quote...I've offended rivet counters in a Muslim country as well....heee hee....
You want to be careful Alvis, them rivet counting Muslim modellers witth decaler a fatwah oe Jihad on yer arse....
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Captain Canada

Hey...I think I really like that stolen one ! I don't recall seeing it in the original article ?

And when you see Neil tell him I said 'great work, buddy ! "

That ipms Turkey story is a hoot ! Good show !

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

nev

Amazing work Alvis, fantastic!!  Those photos just went on and on and on....I could see why you are now allergic to Arrows.  Still, great stuff, thanks for sharing.  I don't have a fave.......well OK the ruskie one  :wub:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Ollie

Oh, that Soviet bloke is sweet indeed!

:D  :D  :D

TsrJoe

WAW!!!...sitting with my mouth open...those are sooo cool...brill modelling you chaps...i really loved that awing wing one especially...waw waw!

cheers, joe
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

Gary

I am taken to a new place somewhere in my mind. Your Arrow versions have given me so much pleasure it's as if I've touched myself.

Getting back into modeling

Alvis 3.1

QuoteI am taken to a new place somewhere in my mind. Your Arrow versions have given me so much pleasure it's as if I've touched myself.
umm...can I say "ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww???"

LMAO!!!!

Alvis 3.1

Alvis 3.1

Pics from the Mall showing..we almost had a fist fight when one of the club chaps was attempting to describe to a "normal" person the What-if concept..he said..."It's like a joke"...turned out the onloooker's dad had been laid off from AVRO when the axe fell..."JOKE???" he bellowed...we quickly put up the "What could have been " signs after THAT incident... :o

Alvis 3.1

WeeJimmy

Magnificent display.  When they're together like that the "what should have been" scenario is very impressive.  Great imagination.   Great ideas Alvis and Neil :cheers: