GB Update

Started by NARSES2, December 02, 2015, 06:34:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ysi_maniac

So, do you know what is next GB? for May, June, July ...
Will die without understanding this world.

NARSES2

Right, I will be organising the poll for the 2016/2017 GB's next week as soon as the current one finishes.

The 2016 One Week Build will follow that, possibly over the May Day weekend and then I will sort dates out ffor the 3 poll winners.

Hope that makes sense ?

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Right firmed up a couple of things in my own mind last night.

2016/2017 GB Poll will be held over the period April 21st through May 1st. 3 votes per member, first 3 to be the next GB's.

One Week GB will kick off April 29th and finish May 8th. Yes I know that's not a week but it's the normal (or what passes as normal on this site  ;D) time scale.

Provisionaly the 3 GB winners will run June/Aug ; Sept/Nov ; Dec/Mar. All will be 13 weeks with 2 weeks allowed as possible probable extensions.

Please don't hold me to any of this as real life can get in the way, but at least it's a plan and may all come together in the end.

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

ysi_maniac

Sorry, Dec/Mar is 4 months.
Will die without understanding this world.

zenrat

That depends on when in December you start and when in March you finish...

:wacko:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Right a bit more information on the forthcoming GB poll.

So far we have over 30 GB options to vote on, therefore I have made a couple of executive decisions.

1) A few of the categories are so close to each other (eg Emergency Vehicles/Fire Fighting) that I've decided to combine them as one category in the poll.

2) There are a couple of categories which in my opinion do not stand a snow flakes chance in hell. Therefore I am going to combine these under one title - The Lets be Different GB - I will spell out what's included in the option when I do the poll, but if it comes in the top 3 then to take part you will need to build a model which falls into one of the origional categories. In this way these categories at least stand a chance of being selected.

Now I'm sorry if this offends anyone but I'm doing it to try and give everything a fair crack of the whip.

Chris

Dizzyfugu

Sounds sensible with the potential range of topics. Or, alternatively, a two-stage voting - top 10 in the first run, and then a choice between finalists?

NARSES2

I thought about that Dizzy I must admit but discarded it due to time considerations. It's odds on we will have a second poll anyway to sort out any tied votes. We did last year and I know what my luck is like  :banghead:

I want to keep the gap between GB's as short as possible to keep the interest up

sandiego89

Chris, thanks so much for keeping this going, and all your reasoning sounds quite sound.  I am a huge fan of the GB's. Ready to stick my finger in indelible ink and cast my votes!
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

KiwiZac

Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

NARSES2

Right the rules and other boards for the 2016 One Week GB are up. I will unlock the finished builds thread next friday - hopefully before Dizzy finishes his first build

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,42126.0.html

Dizzyfugu

At least I made my vote(s)...  ;) Looking forward to it - depending on the final election I already have some projects from the long idea list that might fit and finally see daylight.

zenrat

bit late now, but i'm surprised no-one suggested an Eric "Winkle" Brown GB.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Weaver

The polls are now up for the Cold War GB, so get voting folks!  :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones