Reaper Bones fire demon

Started by puddingwrestler, December 05, 2015, 07:48:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

puddingwrestler

I have been chipping away at this rather burly cove since PAX. Progress has been slow because:
a: I am trying new techniques like (gasp!) actually painting highlights instead of drybrushing
b: I only seem to work on him at weekly painting nights at Gregtopia, and I've missed a few of those
c: He is rather large.
And now, mortals, behold the fearsome firey fury of that ferociously flamable felon, the fire demon! (Who is basically a Blood Thirster, which is basically a Balor, which is a palette swap on a Balrog)

These photos are not great. I am working on getting something better - might need to borrow the school photography studio.
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

Steel Penguin

nice looking painting, even blown up,  what does bones  clean up and undercoat like ?  what with it being a resin plastic mix.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

puddingwrestler

It can be a pain to clean, but doesn't usually get to messy to start with. It does NOT need an undercoat. Testing has actually shown it ends up working worse with one, they tend to react badly to the plastic and go all sticky, which is annoying.

zenrat

Scary!  How big is rather large?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

puddingwrestler

He is about 115mm from bottom of base to top of tallest wing-claw thing. This is about 3 times man sized. The base is about 70mm across, which is basically 20mm too wide for using in most games.

zenrat

Thanks.  That makes the paint job even more impressive.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Martin H

Looks like the sales office supervisor at my soon to be former employer ;D
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Steel Penguin

with that great motivator  " where there's a whip, there's a way!!"   :blink:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

NARSES2

Quote from: Steel Penguin on December 20, 2015, 06:13:08 AM
with that great motivator  " where there's a whip, there's a way!!"   :blink:

I "know" some people who might see that as an incentive bonus  :blink: :blink: :rolleyes:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

puddingwrestler

Yeah, but let's just agree not to tell Radish about this.
Actually, I've got a classic keepr of secrets somewhere I think. That's basically a cross-dressing bull demon with a whip and stockings.