O

What if Armour

Started by Oli, October 26, 2004, 06:44:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oli

Hi,
I'm an-ex lurker and I thought I'd post these. Unfortunately there will be several messages because I'm can't seem to find a way of attaching more than one photo at a time:

This is my Black Eagle, awaiting its side skirts. Mainly two Revell/ Matchbox T-80 hulls and running gear witha modified turret. Banged together rapidly for a wargames campaign we were running

Oli

OK,
second attempt at adding the photo. Apologies, laugh if you want,
Oli

Oli

This is a Conway, Centurion hull, massive 183 mm gun. I think Ian Hogg described it as "monstrously powerful". This was actually built but wasn't accepted for service

Oli

This one I called a T-95, I like externally-mounted guns and went from an old copy of the RUSI magazine "Armed Forces" where the writer proposed separate weapons for different targets, ie main gun to take on tanks, a cannon for soft skin and MICVs and perhaps a mortar for HE rounds. Then I find that the Russians have built a prototype along similar lines! Rather than a mortar I used a "battlefield salvage" rocket pod, works every time...

Oli

Oh, and air support. This is the Viper II. Old A-4 Skyhawk with bits of Jaguar and a mix of weapons. Apologies for the standard of modelling but all of these are wargames models. Bashed together in a couple of nights and built for carriage in a box and used on the wargames table. Which also explains the wierd colouyr schemes... They're part of a deliberatley non-standard official pattern developed by the Republic of Gemarian Free States.
Comments?
Oli

Captain Canada

Woo Hoo !

That's wicked !

Love the tanks, especially that Black Eagle and then the T-95. Way cool paint on the latter.......looks like it would blend right into the urban-warfare scene !

The Skyhawk is looking good as well.........

Keep 'em coming, and if not, get building !

And welcome to the gang, Oli !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Alvis 3.1

Love the plane..and that Centurion Freak...IEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! Thats way UGLEEEE...but cool as well!
I was into Twilight 2000 YEARS ago..I did a GreenPeace Sherman....bright Pink....wasn't accepted by the other gamers (shame on them)
Welcome to Insania...place of modelling insanity!!!! We take turns being the strangest one here.....

Alvis 3.1 <_<  

lancer

Yep, welcome Oli, to the best bunch of loonies in the modelling world. In reply to Alvis' comment about strangeness. He is usually the strangest one here all the time.
Damm fine models by the way. That scooter fooled me for a 'mo, I thought it was based on the Hawk 200. The tanks.....gorgeous...hope to see more of you
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Aircav

The Black Eagle is the one the british army should be buying, it looks great I can just see a version done in 1/35th and welcome to the madhouse Oli.
All the best
Steve
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

nev

Quotelaugh if you want
Why would we want to do that?  From almost real to totally crazy, from award winning models to simple OOBs all are welcome here  :)

Nice to see some armour round here too  :)

BTW, what do you wargame?
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Ollie

Hey, another Ollie!  Wait, you're Oli, and I'm Ollie...

:blink:  :wacko:

Nice tanks!

Swamphen

You have been deemed sutibly insane; welcome aboard.  :lol:  

elmayerle

QuoteThis one I called a T-95, I like externally-mounted guns and went from an old copy of the RUSI magazine "Armed Forces" where the writer proposed separate weapons for different targets, ie main gun to take on tanks, a cannon for soft skin and MICVs and perhaps a mortar for HE rounds. Then I find that the Russians have built a prototype along similar lines! Rather than a mortar I used a "battlefield salvage" rocket pod, works every time...
Looks somewhat like a big borther to the US T92 experimental light tank from the late-1950's.  I'm still doodling about combing the best features of that one and a STRV-103 into one tank.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Keith Diamond

welcome aboard Oli.  Great tanks and I like your Viper II concept :f16:  
Man, we should have cloned twenties. Jackson wouldn't have given a poo-poo.

Captain Canada

Hey, what's going on here ? Some kind of Ollie-lootion ?

You say you want an Ollie-lution, well, you know.....

We all want to rule the world !

Maybe I'll change my name to Toalie, just to fit in !

Spoken in drunken Alexander keith's " Who's with Mae ! "

Wee Jimmoli ?

:wub:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?