JASDF Convair F-102 J Delta Dagger

Started by zenrat, December 10, 2015, 01:48:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

What if instead of Sabres the JASDF had bought Daggers?
Convair F-102 Delta Dagger 007 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Prevented by Congress from exporting rocket and missile technology to Japan Convair equipped the weapons bay of the F-102 J with a "Gunbelly" holding a pair of 15mm rotary cannons and their corresponding ammunition.
Convair F-102 Delta Dagger 006 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Convair F-102 Delta Dagger 004 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
The model.
Hasegawa F-102 with scratchbuilt gunbelly.  Otherwise box stock.
Painted with silver car paint from a rattle can, airbrushed zero paints candies and Humbrol, Model master & Tamiya Enamels.
Decals are a combination of those from the kit (the stencils), Hasegawa Kawanishi N1K1, aftermarket pinstripes, AMT Double Dragster and home made.
Convair F-102 Delta Dagger 010 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Gondor

Love the colour of the wing tips and tail fin. Beautiful plumage!

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Great stuff.  :thumbsup: :bow:

I love the 'gun belly' idea, where did the parts come from please?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Thanks Gondor.  That's Candy Yellow with a fade of Candy Liquid Bronze along the leading edges.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

sandiego89

Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

Mossie

Very shiney! :mellow: Hinomaru look right on the Dagger.

Nice unit marking! :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

The Big Gimper

Work In Progress ::

Lots of stuff

Glenn Gilbertson

zenrat

Thanks folks.  I felt like doing something colourful and shiny for a change.

Kit - the Gun belly parts are all evergreen styrene tube, sheet and strip (and filler - lots and lots of PSR on this one) apart from the guns themselves which are resin 1/35 mini gun barrels with the shrouds left off the ends.
Fred

PR19_Kit

I can believe the amount of PSR you had to do, a zillion years ago I tried to make a TF-102 from the Hasegawa kit and a ModelConversions nose, and trying to get the closed missile bay doors smooth defeated me in the end. Yours looks magnificent.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Thank you.  This model is one of the reasons I named the company that built my combined Spitfire/Bf 109 "Pistophe sans Dingem"...

All Hasegawa had to do was include a closed bay doors piece.  Mind you, the intakes didn't fit too well either.

Fred