Printed at last

Started by Tophe, October 26, 2004, 09:24:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

At last my what-if Mustang book (French+English text with more than 500 profile drawings) is printed, it will not be 'published'. Receiving the copies, my plan was to send immediately their free one to TSR-Joe, JCC, Elmayerle, Ollie, Glenn-Lyn, that are almost cosignatories, then later do the same for CaptainCanada, Alvis 3.1, Libelula, whose name is also featured as contributors. Well, as my other book (about twin-boomers) printing is delayed, I will send later their copy to them all, and I have just sent today the Mustang book to Radish, Zuid99, Myr. Message for the others mentionned above: just wait awhile and you will get a friendly parcel in your mailbox. And I thank you all again... (if other what-ifers may be interested to see the book on their computer or print it on their printer, the free procedure is explained at http://cmeunier.chez.tiscali.fr/Caricature_aero.htm ).

This is a book I have planned in 1995 :unsure: , started to build in 1997 :mellow: , dreamed of during my hospital sojourn 1998-2000 :wacko: , then greatly enriched since 2002 discovering this great site and the What-if worldwide community. :)  :)

I hope the military fans will not feel angry :angry:  : my books do not include a single roundel nor gun - this is my personal way  ;) and I respect the other ones :) , please just do the same in return :) , simply - we may be friends while being different, we are together condemned by the realist JMNs.... :angry:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Alvis 3.1

Very cool Tophe...I wish only the best for your publication.
Interesting that you found a religious explanation for the cartooning effect...most people say "Why on God's Earth did you do THAT?" when they see my stuff!!!!!
Lol

Alvis 3.1

Tophe

QuoteVery cool Tophe...I wish only the best for your publication.
Interesting that you found a religious explanation for the cartooning effect...most people say "Why on God's Earth did you do THAT?" when they see my stuff!!!!!
Lol
Alvis 3.1
:( I fear I disagree with most people, Alvis: according to me, your 'stuff' is 'the right stuff', absolutely, the genuine one... :wub:
Though, in Canada, you are not alone, with the best of us here. In France, there is only JCC, and me. And the Law officially condemns the lack of respect towards Real History. I am not in jail yet, I hope I will last long enough to send those books...

Captain Canada

Cool, Tophe !

Can't wait !

When should I start watching the mailbox ?

:wub:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

QuoteAnd the Law officially condemns the lack of respect towards Real History.
Well, just tell them that you were schooled in the United States !

;)  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Ollie

Tophe, nice one!

I'll be keeping an eye out for that book!!

And Toad, preach it, oh PREACH IT BROTHER!!!

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  

TsrJoe

sounds great Christophe...cant wait to see it! whats next for you publication wise...Spitfire? Hunter? Mirage? ... or is it back to modelling for a while for a well deserved rest? chuckle...my sincere best'est wishes, salute, joe
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

Tophe

QuoteCool, Tophe !
Can't wait !
When should I start watching the mailbox ?
:wub:
Uh, I don't know exactly the date - in November for sure, maybe about 15th. 2004, yes!  

Tophe

Quotesounds great Christophe...cant wait to see it! whats next for you publication wise...Spitfire? Hunter? Mirage?
Dear Joe, you know much of it yet - included are so many designs with your name as designer...
About a next one, there will be none: I am going to retire happily. This book brings the balance in my mind, and there is no need for me to create books anymore. It was scheduled as the very last book, but I have finally tried to finish properly my twin-boom work in an absolutely final book, currently being printed.
Maybe, in retirement, I will start modelling again... After hours, cause books & models are not my work at all. But a medical file is currently being processed, for me to be classified as disabled and maybe I will retire from the professional world in 10 years instead of 22. I will model again, it is almost sure, now that I know that I am not the only crazy modeller in the World. Thanks you all! And thanks to the Webmasters of this site, providing us with deep psychological comfort... Locally, we face anger and are condemned, but together we can appreciate each others, and that is wonderful. :)  Happiness is here... :)  

Tophe

QuoteInteresting that you found a religious explanation
Uh, I did not mean "my aircraft drawings are God's aircraft drawings" ^_^ ... I know that current candidates to a famous election would correct: "No, poor lunatic what-ifer, 'God's aircraft' are 'US-aircraft', simply -_- , but... only if I am elected, the other one being so bad :angry: "... :D  
Seriously :) , I plan to add a page on my site, to the explanation of the divine Gold number. I wrote 43 pages on this subject during my 1995 summer holidays, but I will present the very best in one page, specially for aircraft. I will tell you soon. :)  

Captain Canada

Tophe, you rock, buddy !

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

nev

QuoteI will model again, it is almost sure,
Hurrah!

Best news I've heard all day - it is only 0720 mind  :D  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Tophe

It is done: I have much enriched my site http://cmeunier.chez.tiscali.fr/Caricature_aero.htm
with an alternative to the religious golden plane, and a nightmare of too much golden plane. Just jokes... :)  

Hobbes

:D

One small note: it's spelled "holy", not "holly"...

Tophe

Quoteit's spelled "holy", not "holly"...
Oh, sorry... :(   I mixed the leaves "holly" ("houx" dans notre Français, cher Ollie) and the sacred "holy" ("sacré" pour nous). Thanks for this correction - that was a mistake, not a try to make the English readers smile... :)