Printed at last

Started by Tophe, October 26, 2004, 09:24:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Yeah, that would be awesome if you'd start modelling some of your fork tailed beauties !

I'll donate a few P-38 parts !

:wub:

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Tophe

Quoteif you'd start modelling some of your fork tailed beauties
I'll donate a few P-38 parts !
Thanks for your offer, dear Captain :) ... Though I will not start with P-38s: I have already several in my shelves (they are not What-if, sorry...) and I must explain. My family knows my crazy focus on twin-boom planes :wacko: , and every Christmas :) , they look for one in shops :) . And as the P-38 is by far the most famous (with its 10 000 built copies and war-fame, with the famous author-pilot St Exupery dying in this Lightning), it is the only one available in usual toy shops (model-kit shops do not exist anymore, almost, it seems, in France – apart of mail and Web contacts). So I have 3 P-38s here: 1/48, 1/100, 1/144. Adding What-if ones may be wonderful, but they would be lost in an overflowing Realistic gallery... :(  
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Tophe

QuoteP-38s. Adding What-if ones may be wonderful
I wanted to present the Winthrop pusher P-38 model but I do not find it anymore on the Web, alas :( . I just have found in my collection the similar one  :wub: of an Alvis' friend, and I will post this pearl on Alvis' twin-boom topic, maybe :mellow: .
Cheers... :)  

Tophe

Mad dreams this night :zzz: , and I have enriched my site
http://cmeunier.chez.tiscali.fr/Caricature_aero.htm
with the Mustang shapes coming from actual democracy, Hollywood, Mac Donalds... :dum:
Poor Mustangs... :(  :)  

Tophe

QuoteWhen should I start watching the mailbox ?
:( Well, sorry, there is a delay. This is a whole story :
* My twin-boom book will be almost one month late. The printing company phoned to say they have sent me the cover one week before and received no approval back. I said that I had received nothing, though their address was absolutely right. They said they will send it again, as urgent again. Weeks later, they phoned again, and I confirmed I have received nothing. I went to the post office to ask what was happening, and they told me that they had the letters - the urgent postman just had not the key to enter the building and access to the mailboxes (just the normal postman had it), so there was no delivery and no paper in the mailbox to warn a letter was in the post-office. And they have not phoned to warn either. I am not happy? They don't care, concurrence is forbidden and they are paid by the government just the same no matter if customers are satisfied or not – communist logic... Well, I have answered to the printer company I approved the cover, but several weeks have been lost, because they sent (and paid) the letter(s) as 'urgent'!... I hope Airbus airliners are safe, even manufactured by government employees like the Tupolev were... :(
* Today, I have decided to send  :) my Mustang book to 5 friends though, including JCC in France, Ollie in Canada, Lionel of POM'S in USA ( http://pomkit.itplushost.com/ ) :wub: , as they speek French fluently. This is not nationalism at all :( , I just thought the parcel may be to big for them when I will send the twin-boom book, because I plan to send them also copies of other books I have written (in French text without pictures) in the past, and that were in my cave (forever I thought :( ), as not published or from a publisher that went in bankruptcy. They are not aviation books at all, just philosophy and love-stories, but maybe that could interest their friends, relatives, neighbours, or themslves... :)
Sorry for the delay for the others... :(  :(  :(

elmayerle

I'm curious, Tophe, amidst all the other "what-if" Mustangs, are there any float plane variants?  Structurally, a Mustang would be easier to convert to a float plane than a Spitfire or Bf109.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Tophe

Quoteamidst all the other "what-if" Mustangs, are there any float plane variants?
Evan :angry:  ;)  Don't you remember GlennLyn's marvel:
http://www.whatifmodelers.com/forum//index...?showtopic=2136 ? :wub:
Well, I have not included this one in my book but one of the 2 float-P-51  :wub: of TSR-Joe, don't you remember them  :( ? (on the MSN site where you gave me much ideas) :)
You will receive the 2 books in December, I think, dear engineer :)  

elmayerle

Quoteamidst all the other "what-if" Mustangs, are there any float plane variants?
Evan :angry:  ;)  Don't you remember GlennLyn's marvel:
http://www.whatifmodelers.com/forum//index...?showtopic=2136 ? :wub:
Well, I have not included this one in my book but one of the 2 float-P-51  :wub: of TSR-Joe, don't you remember them  :( ? (on the MSN site where you gave me much ideas) :)
You will receive the 2 books in December, I think, dear engineer :)
Sorry, that post was written this morning when I was coming down with something (whatever it was, I've slept all day and am feeling marginally better).  My own take, simply from a structural modification point of view, is that a Mustang would be easier to do with twin floats while a Spitfire or Bf109 could do either though the twin-float version would be easier to do if done like the twin-ski vesion of the Bf109, sloping struts essentially picking up the MLG trunnions and tie-in structure.  *shrug* I'm a economical engineer who doesn't believe in adding un-necessary weight or complexity.

Tophe

QuoteI was coming down with something (whatever it was, I've slept all day and am feeling marginally better).
a Mustang would be easier to do with twin floats
Poor Evan :( , I know the winter is coming (ou our hemisphere, while GlennLyn and Allan go to summer :) ) and health is a problem for everyone, like every year. I hace no medicine to help :( , I just try to make you smile showing here the  :wub:  twin-float P-51B of TSR-Joe that he has presented elsewhere but had to remove lacking room... Thanks Joe, thanks GlennLyn, thanks Evan, and have a good health :(  :) , all of you... :)  

Tophe

elmayerle

Quoteups...
That's pretty much what I had in mind, save that I was contemplating using longer single struts (much like those on the Spitfire floatplanes) rather than two smaller ones per float.

Tophe

Quotelonger single struts (much like those on the Spitfire floatplanes)
:) Yes, you are our teacher in engineering, while we are just green what-if students... :)  

NARSES2

Tophe's picture of the P51 is a little like my Caudron Renault 714 Floatplane fighter which will make her debut at Telford.

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Tophe

Quotelike my Caudron Renault 714 Floatplane fighter which will make her debut at Telford.
:) Do you have a picture? And from which box were the floats coming from? :)  

Tophe

My friend Paul directed me to this RD-1410, that I knew as What-if 3-view drawing but not as 'actually built'...