Printed at last

Started by Tophe, October 26, 2004, 09:24:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nev

Oooooh, now that is funky!

I have no idea how it would fly, but it sure looks good  :wub:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Tophe

Quoteusing longer single struts (much like those on the Spitfire floatplanes) rather than two smaller ones per float.
It reminded me Alvis' Float-Lightning  :wub:
Of course, the 'final' what-if project from Lockheed was a little different for the sluts and rear booms, but no doubt several shapes have been considered... :)
The float-Lightning was intended to be sent to the Philippines :) , to save my father in law, I guess :wacko:  
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

NARSES2

Quotelike my Caudron Renault 714 Floatplane fighter which will make her debut at Telford.
:) Do you have a picture? And from which box were the floats coming from? :)
Final pieces need adding Tophe and then there will be photo's.

The floats came from the Airfix Auster Antarctic

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

elmayerle

Quoteusing longer single struts (much like those on the Spitfire floatplanes) rather than two smaller ones per float.
It reminded me Alvis' Float-Lightning  :wub:
Of course, the 'final' what-if project from Lockheed was a little different for the sluts and rear booms, but no doubt several shapes have been considered... :)
The float-Lightning was intended to be sent to the Philippines :) , to save my father in law, I guess :wacko:
Yeah, if memory serves me correctly, the final floatplane P-38 design had the raised tail section that was actually flight tested
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Tophe

Quotethe final floatplane P-38 design had the raised tail section that was actually flight tested
had been flight tested and... had killed the test pilot, during the first flight :(
not a page of glory, there will probably never be a commercial kit... :(  

Tophe

QuoteIt reminded me Alvis' Float-Lightning Of course, the 'final' what-if project from Lockheed was a little different
One more tribute to our dear Alvis: his biplane Corsair  :wub: was not crazy, as the Nakajima B3N1 was designed this way... :wacko: (the picture is from the nice Putnam book 'Japanese aircraft 1910-1941')

elmayerle

QuoteIt reminded me Alvis' Float-Lightning Of course, the 'final' what-if project from Lockheed was a little different
One more tribute to our dear Alvis: his biplane Corsair  :wub: was not crazy, as the Nakajima B3N1 was designed this way... :wacko: (the picture is from the nice Putnam book 'Japanese aircraft 1910-1941')
Outside of not having any interwing struts, it's not that far off, either, from the study Beech did for a fighter derived from their Model 17.  Granted, only the top wing was "bent", it retained the negative stagger, and it had an Allison but the basic concept was there.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

nev

Thanks for posting that Nakajimi B3N1, it sure is an interesting looking plane

*wonders if Choroszy Modelbud do one being as they are big into inter-war Japanese types*
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Tophe

Received!  :)  "The end of Forked Ghosts" is at home :)  :) . So, I plan:
- tonight: making the parcel of both books for Captain Canada, TSR-Joe, Glenn-Lyn, Alvis3.1, Libelula [to be posted tomorrow evening, slow rate...]
- till the end of this week: making the parcel of the twin-boom book for Nev, Martin H, JHM, Supertom, Sisko, Jschmus, Linzifox, Aircavpinkteam, The-Wooksta, D-ONUT (& Tony Buttler, Igor Shestakov, Justo Miranda, Dan Johnson...), making the parcels with many books of mine for Ollie, JCC and other friends speaking French [to be posted next monday evening].
- next week: write the procedure to get my last twin-boom book for free, as print-it yourself on your home-printer.
- someday (if they send me by mail their address... :( ) send the twin-boom book to Allan, JoeP, Swamphen, Joesus, Jeffryfontaine, DarylJohnson.
Busy weeks to come... I have started to write an addition to the Asymmetric aircraft web site of Unicraft :wub: , but I must stop :( . Maybe in December, we will see.

Tophe

Oops... I have not forgotten our dear Evan, but there will be a special envoice for him, in December, with the source pictures from different books, to find and gather and copy. Please wait, Evan, I don't forget...

Ollie

Merci Tophe!

J'attends ton colis avec impatience!

;)  

Captain Canada

QuoteThanks for posting that Nakajimi B3N1, it sure is an interesting looking plane

You got that right...is it ever different looking !

Would make one heck of a sight on the warbird circuit, eh ?

:wub:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Thanks Tophe ! looking forward to seeing them !

:wub:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Ollie

Tophe!

J'ai reçu ton paquet, ils sont vraiment chouettes tes livres!!

Merci mille fois!

:wub:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  

Tophe

QuoteTophe! J'ai reçu ton paquet, ils sont vraiment chouettes tes livres!! Merci mille fois!  :wub:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:
Thanks a lot! But they are not exactly MY books, but OUR books, celebrating the ideas of many ones among us. Thanks to all... :)