Printed at last

Started by Tophe, October 26, 2004, 09:24:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

QuoteI plan:
1- making the parcel of both books for Captain Canada, TSR-Joe, Glenn-Lyn, Alvis3.1, Libelula
2a- making the parcel of the twin-boom book for Nev, Martin H, JHM, Supertom, Sisko, Jschmus, Linzifox, Aircavpinkteam, The-Wooksta, D-ONUT (& Tony Buttler, Igor Shestakov, Justo Miranda, Dan Johnson...)
2b- making the parcels with many books of mine for Ollie, JCC and other friends speaking French [to be posted next monday evening].
3- next week: write the procedure to get my last twin-boom book for free, as print-it yourself on your home-printer.
4- someday (if they send me by mail their address... send the twin-boom book to Allan, JoeP, Swamphen, Joesus, Jeffryfontaine, DarylJohnson.
5- I have started to write an addition to the Asymmetric aircraft web site of Unicraft :wub: , but I must stop. Maybe in December, we will see.
6- Complete the data CD for Evan
News :
1- done and sent.
2a- a little delayed, as my work week is very busy not matching the opening hours of the post office, I start making the parcels this morning, it is 5 am...
2b- next week probably
3- after JCC's private suggestion, I will change my way, and I need help: I would like to put the printable pdf file directly on the Web, free to load, without requiring a CD, and without spending time copying, packing, without paying postage. But as there are several files of 5Mb, Internet Explorer refuse to open them it seems, and I would like to do like for software: "click on Download, select where you want to save, unzip the zip file". How to write and command that in html? or should I have a software for Java commands? Who is the computer expert among us, Supertom?
4- I am waiting answers, a little sad to think they aren't interested to receive a free book of what-if inventions? Well, maybe it would be possible to have a Free Books page on this site after Discussion/Air/Sea... to have the procedure for downloading both books, someday, for anybody. Webmaster?
5- I have finished the addition about asymmetric airplanes, at last, one night of this week... Including a preview of 4 planes of the book I am packing now (The end of Forked Ghosts). It is at http://cmeunier.chez.tiscali.fr/Asymm_addition.htm and the ones who do not know the terrific main site about asymmetric planes MUST click on "HOME" at the end. My very favorite data site on the Web (I mean "favourite" for our friends in UK, Canada -  and Australia?). The ones who are interested by my site "asymmetric or twin-boom" can also have a look at http://cmeunier.chez.tiscali.fr/asym_dahu_aeroUK.htm (soon to be updated too, in December maybe) .
6- confirmed for December, I guess.
Well, now, parcel-time...
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Hobbes

For point 3 (distributing a PDF), the easiest way is to provide the links, and add a comment 'right-click to save these, as they probably won't open in MSIE'. I don't think there's a way to force a browser to 'save as' instead of trying to open a link.  

Tophe

Quoteprovide the links, and add a comment 'right-click to save these, as they probably won't open in MSIE'
Thanks a lot, Hobbes, I did not imagine it could be so simple... :)  :)  :)
Let me try : http://cmeunier.chez.tiscali.fr/Essai2.pdf

Tophe

It works! Thanks a lot! So simple! I did not imagine that existed... :)
Just a question: for the English version of it, could you tell me what are the words? ("save the target as..."?)

Hobbes

Yes, in Internet Explorer it's 'Save Target As'. In Mozilla,  it's 'Save Link As'.

Tophe

Tophe

Oops, I forgot one of you dear... I wrote the name as Imwfo and I did not remember this was coming from here :unsure: . The creation of the Curtiss XP-55D was a coming back in the past from the Super Duper Hornet of "If My Wife Finds Out", so... I.m.w.f.o., I need your postal address too, to send you a free copy of this book speaking of you... Please send it by E-mail. Thanks. :)  

Tophe

QuoteI plan:
2a- making the parcel of the twin-boom book for Nev, Martin H, JHM, Supertom, Sisko, Jschmus, Linzifox, Aircavpinkteam, The-Wooksta, D-ONUT, Ifmwfo
2b- making the parcels with many books of mine for Ollie, JCC
3- next week: write the procedure to get my last twin-boom book for free, as print-it yourself on your home-printer.
4- someday (if they send me by mail their address... send the twin-boom book to Allan, JoeP, Swamphen, Joesus, Jeffryfontaine, DarylJohnson.
6- Complete the data CD for Evan
News of this week:
2a & b: done, soon in your mailboxes dear... :)
3: I have done it first for "Virtual Mustangs" in French (20% of the workload), and I hesitate to test it, as my computer is infected by a trojan, and I fear all will be lost soon... :(
4: unchanged, just hoping... Contacts up to Nepal and Korea, of readers not interested in aviation nor what-ifism, have appreciated, these are just funny books to thank you and make you smile, and give to someone for Christmas if you want, why refusing?
6: books sent to Evan separately - for the complete CD, it may be in January I guess, after my finishing 3- and having my computer cured or built again... :(  

Ollie

Oh no!

Your PC is infected by a T-28 Trojan?  Send in a Sud-Aviation Fennec to kick its donkey!

:cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :dum:  

Tophe

QuoteOh no! Your PC is infected by a T-28 Trojan?  Send in a Sud-Aviation Fennec to kick its donkey!
You are right, Ollie :) : an evil Trojan/Fennec :angry:  :ph34r:  cannot come from North American, it must be Iraqi or French...

Tophe

To answer questions from JCC (by mail), as many other ones may be interested too:
* the P-39VTOL model can be found at http://www.unicraftmodels.com/ --> Unicraft Catalogue --> Aircraft kits 1/72 --> KIT-1 VTOL (more is in Justo Miranda's "Unknown 2" book, available at http://www.luft46.com/rd/rdreams.html )
* the Mustang FTB model can be found at http://www.unicraftmodels.com/ -> Unicraft Catalogue --> Aircraft conversions --> FTB (the box includes a 3-view). More is in the book "Rolls-Royce and the Mustang", I guess - I have just a photocopy of unknown source.
* the NA light fighter came from the great book "Mustang Designer" (by Ray Wagner, Orion Books), see below
* the Supermarine 391 Jet-Seafang came from the book "Spitfire The History" (by E. Morgan, Key publishing - I have the old printing, the new one is much enriched I am pretty sure, with the Spitfire VTOL of Justo Miranda's "Unknown 2")

nev

I received my book yesterday Tophe, thankyou very much  :)

I've only had a quick glance through it so far, and read your complaints about the English language.  Yes, you are correct in that it is a terrible language to have as the international "standard" with all its daft rules and exceptions, but thats the way the cookie crumbles I guess  :)  It used to be French, before that it was latin, then Greek.  In 100 years time we may all be speaking Swahili, who knows?  :D

And what is this law regarding the "official" version of WW2 history you mentioned?  I'm astounded that a country such as France which boasts of itself as being the home of liberty should have such a law, stifling freedom of thought, and stifling all criticism.  I can understand that they may have made such a law to stop those racists who try to deny the holocaust, but even then it is still wrong.  The holocaust deniers can be defeated with the simple facts without resorting to banning the claptrap they spout.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Tophe

For Evan, about the Twin-Mustang with fuselages close together:
[This comes from "Die schnellsten Propellrflugzeuge der Welt" (by F.A. Käsmann, Aviatic Verlag publ.)]
"Zuguterletzt is to be called still another suggestion of Ed Harkey. The "Twin Mustang Racer" is a 1995 civil variant of the twin-fuselage North American F-82 at 75% scale, with composite construction and swept wing. The two fuselages have different length, so that the turning circles of the two 3-blade tractor propellers overlap."
Maybe it has never been constructed because this would not work properly...

elmayerle

QuoteFor Evan, about the Twin-Mustang with fuselages close together:
[This comes from "Die schnellsten Propellrflugzeuge der Welt" (by F.A. Käsmann, Aviatic Verlag publ.)]
"Zuguterletzt is to be called still another suggestion of Ed Harkey. The "Twin Mustang Racer" is a 1995 civil variant of the twin-fuselage North American F-82 at 75% scale, with composite construction and swept wing. The two fuselages have different length, so that the turning circles of the two 3-blade tractor propellers overlap."
Maybe it has never been constructed because this would not work properly...
Well, on a percentage basis, the separation between those two fuselages is considerably more than between the fuselages of the twin C-141 in that photoshoped picture.  This one might indeed work.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Tophe

QuoteYes, you are correct in that it is a terrible language to have as the international "standard" with all its daft rules and exceptions, but thats the way the cookie crumbles I guess  :)  It used to be French, before that it was latin, then Greek.  In 100 years time we may all be speaking Swahili, who knows?  :D
And what is this law regarding the "official" version of WW2 history you mentioned?  I'm astounded that a country such as France which boasts of itself as being the home of liberty should have such a law, stifling freedom of thought, and stifling all criticism.  I can understand that they may have made such a law to stop those racists who try to deny the holocaust, but even then it is still wrong.  The holocaust deniers can be defeated with the simple facts without resorting to banning the claptrap they spout.
Dear Nev,
* About English language: I agree that English speaking is far more simple than French and Latin, thus far better suited for use as international tool, I would just like the international version to be a 'simplified' English (it have goed with mans and mouses...), however English writing is very complicated and the English-based international tool needs badly phonetic vowels, not this awful puzzle (mainly: reading the i letter seems impossible to guess). I have heard of the creation of Esperanto simplest-language in the early 20th century, and that could have been wonderful, I don't know why it failed. Anyway: ok, for English, welcome as both simple and existing, but much simplified... Even your grand-children would appreciate a lot, not only foreigners. This would make everyone on Earth love this language, not just accepting it under the threat of George Bush's massive destruction weapons (yes, USA and UK and France have nukes!). Convincing and pleasing is so much better than dominating, according to me... It would not be easy for us educated ones, but couldn't we be the generation accepting discomfort to make the future better for all next generations? Isn't a refusal an egotist way?
* About the French Law Fabius-Gayssot: yes, it is awful. I know it has been voted to make illegal the very bad neo-nazis saying that Hitler was an angel. But instead of saying this, the legal text says in general that it is a crime to deny History crimes against Humanity (meaning: the official crime of Jewish mass-murdering by Nazis,  the native-American slaughter by US-troops being not a crime but punishing terrorist families...). That makes illegal the very peaceful Indian Buddhism and Descartes' philosophical way. In France, nobody is allowed anymore to say "maybe, the World does not exist", you must add "except the mass-murdering of Jewish: this is a Holy Truth". And as the Jewish-extremists are leading the political, intellectual, journalist worlds here, nobody is disagreeing publicly. And my publisher refused that I mentioned this, as there was high danger for him (up to money deep punishment and even jail). Too bad. At least, I am happy if foreign what-ifers have smiled with those books of mine. But with this Zionist logic dominating the World, I am very afraid we are going to War with the Muslim World. We are an Evil side, too. It would have been clear for years if communist leaders had been wise enough to say they were following the Christ more than us, instead of making religion illegal...
I am not completely in despair, see the English abstract and addition on my site http://cmeunier.chez.tiscali.fr/Logique_an...antiraciste.htm