Previous topic - Next topic

Ollie

Tophe, got your books!

I'll read them!

:cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:  

Captain Canada

I got mine too !

All three of 'em...thanks Tophe !

I had posted a thank-you a few days back, but it seems to have gotten lost in the boards.

Very interesting stuff, especially the English one ! It's nice to read how one guys idea turns into a totally different a/c with the ideas of others........

:wub:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Tophe

QuoteIt's nice to read how one guys idea turns into a totally different a/c with the ideas of others........
Yes, and thanks to this wonderful site, to all friends I have met here in the World of dreamers, enriching each other's dreams is so pleasant... :)
I am currently working on putting on the Web these 2 new books of mine, for all what-ifers and their friends, to be home printed or just read on the screen. It is not easy, but I hope it will be done around December 10th. ;)  
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Captain Canada

Quoteenriching each other's dreams is so pleasant... :)
True, yes....but.......

Sometimes it's a pain in the rear ! Like when that one OOB kit you were going to build turns into a kit-bashing nightmare...and just when you believe you have it done, somebody else comes up with qnother idea !

:wacko:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

elmayerle

My package arrived last Saturday, a bit the worse for wear from it's trip through the US Postal Service, but intact.  Thank you very much, a lot of interesting reading material there.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Tophe

I am happy with those nice words from my favourite engineer in the World... :)
One of my favourite authors (Tony Buttler, in UK) was glad to receive them too: I am happy! :)  

Alvis 3.1

I too received your books last week Tophe! I have been having a wonderful time going through them, and since both of my kids are in French Immersion schooling, my son has been perusing the French part of the books. In all...some truly fantastic stuff!!!

Thank you EXTREMELY!

Alvis 3.1

Tophe

QuoteI too received your books last week Tophe! I have been having a wonderful time going through them
Thank you EXTREMELY!
And thank you extremely too, Alvis! Pleasing a reader is the very reason to make a book. And I suppose you enjoy as well the clapping hands of us all discovering your models... :)
Well, I said to Evan that he is my favourite engineer in the World, I could add that you are my favourite modeller in the World, but I won't, because... because the others would be jealous, not because you aren't... Well, many of you here belong to the very top, the several tops in different directions, and I will try to reach a level as high as 1% of your skills. Starting from 0.00001%, the road will be long... :)  

John Howling Mouse

Thanks, Tophe.
Fantastic work.  Extremely prolific.
And it's clearly time I learn how to read French.

[I'm also trying to convince him to produce and publish a similar, illustrated hardcopy book representing the products of members from this website too...but I think he will still say "non"]
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Tophe

QuoteThanks, Tophe.Fantastic work.  And it's clearly time I learn how to read French.
[I'm also trying to convince him to produce and publish a similar, illustrated hardcopy book representing the products of members from this website too...but I think he will still say "non"]
Thanks JHM... :)
No need for learning French: "Virtual Mustangs" includes a complete English translation checked in England, and "The end of Forked Ghosts" is in English only, imperfectly, sorry... I just regret I have not been educated in English, I am not a proud Napoleon child at all... :(
For the photograph new book you dream of, I agree completely that What-if modelers deserve it :) , but all I can do is helping: I am not able to produce it :( . For self-therapy, I had to make these 2 final books of mine, costing me about US $1,500 with expected income = Zero. And I have promised my wife I will never do that again, we will help her family in the Philippines with our future money savings :) . I have dozens of kits in my shelves, and I will just buy glue, putty and paint...
Sorry... :(

Captain Canada

Quoteand I will just buy glue, putty and paint...
And wine too, right ?

Come on, you're French, you've gotta buy yourself a few bottles of wine !

:wub:

A nice relaxing night at home, sipping a glass or two and model building.........ah, Heaven on Earth !

:party:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Tophe

QuoteCome on, you're French, you've gotta buy yourself a few bottles of wine !
Sorry, Captain, I am not a good soldier for my country:
- I prefer Coca-Cola than wine, Chicken-Mac-Nuggets than French-sausage-beef, Milk-shake than smelly-cheese...
- I prefer Canadian what-if modellers than French proud JMNs...
I fully respect your liking wine and your own country, I am just different, and what is wonderful in this what-if community is that you accept different individuals, not following the (locally) mandatory steps... :)  

Captain Canada

Ooh...I'd rather havs a Coke thatn a glass of wine myself !

Problem is, if it's in the house, I'll drink it all ! So I have to abstain.....or esle I'd have Coke for breakfast, lunch, and supper !

very addictive, that.......

:wacko:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Tophe

QuoteCoke for breakfast, lunch, and supper ! very addictive, that.......
No joke, Captain: in Southern France, the main drink is Pastis, and I have learn at University (biology course) the explanation of its success: the more you drink this diuretic beverage, the more you are thirsty, so you take another one, and again, and again... Tremendous success (for business, not for Health...) :(  :)

I remember when the alcool blood limit for drivers has been decided in Europe, doctors said "no more than 0.5g/l" and the French politicians disagreed strongly: "impossible, the level of the average French man is above that, we must keep our 2g/l!"... At last, with new generations like mine prefering softdrink sugar (and weight pounds...) than wine/beer/Pastis alcool, the 0.5g/l European limit has been accepted in France - by politicians, the people could have refused...  

elmayerle

So that's why the news has been reporting on protests by French grape farmers and vinters?  Not even the French are drinking as much wine?  
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin