STAR WARS Whifs

Started by seadude, December 17, 2015, 11:43:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seadude

With STAR WARS The Force Awakens finally here, I've read and seen about people buying model after model of X-Wing fighters, First Order TIE fighters, and more, to build and display.
Viewing other people's SW models across the Internet got me to thinking:  Has anyone ever made any SW model whifs? If so, what vehicle did you use? Does anybody have any future plans to make any SW whifs?
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

scooter

I had started an MPC X-wing in SEAC with Clark AB tail codes many, many, many moons ago.  It was never finished, and suffered an ignominious fate.  I do, at some point, wish to return to it.  Preferably with a "real" scale and not the box scale offering
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Librarian

My first ever official whiff was an Airfix 'SandSpeeder' , inspired by Jags and Fins over Iraq back in the early '90s. Had hand-painted 'Jaws' art, when I could actually see properly ;D. My older brother may have a photo....I'll ask him.

kitnut617

So ----- a whif of a whif ----  :unsure:  or is that a whif of a wt-
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

zenrat

But X wings, Tie Fighters, Corellian Transports etc are not Whifs they are RW...  :o

I would like to combine a Y wing with a US twin engined medium bomber (B25, B26 etc).  I would replace the Y wing's engines with the aircraft engines retaining the wings outboard of the nacelles.  The bomber dorsal turret would replace the R2 unit and the horizontal stabilisers would become canards.  The vertical tail could possibly be inverted and there may or may not be a tail gunner.
My plans have however been thwarted by a lack of a 1/72 Y wing cheap enough to butcher kit bash.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

Just look into SF modeler forums - SW whifs are a rather frequent thing. Got one on my agenda, too, for more than 10 years, I think. Parts are there, but I cannot commit myself to it.

The Chaos

HI this are tow SW Whifs from me
Compleded
The TIE Defender VK 1

And under construction
A Vengeance II Class Command ship (Super Star Destroyer)

Librarian

Still loving that f-104 TIE. Work of art :wub:.

RAFF-35

Is there enough potential here to make a star wars group build?  :lol:
Don't let ageing get you down, it's too hard to get back up

Librarian

The Chaos

Yes a Star Wars GB was a gread Idee.  :party:

NARSES2

The vote for next years GB's will be around Easter next year. However there is nothing at all stopping you having your own Theme Build and indeed we have a section of the site for it.

Secondly aren't all Star Wars models Wif's ? Or is it that I have never ever understood Sci Fi properly ? I enjoy some of it, The Lensman and Skylark books in particular, but have never got deeply into it. The modelling is superb and I can appreciate that, some of my favs at Telford this year were Sci Fi

As for the new film ? I've decided to go and see it at the cinema as everyone I know who has seen it is raving about it

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitnut617

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 20, 2015, 06:43:48 AM

Secondly aren't all Star Wars models Wif's ?

Chris

Wot I said furver oop  thread  -------    ;D

Quote from: kitnut617 on December 17, 2015, 05:21:31 PM
So ----- a whif of a whif ----  :unsure:  
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

NARSES2

Bit to subtle for me mate  ;D ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.