A

A weird twin Boomer

Started by Alvis 3.1, October 26, 2004, 10:07:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

Quotegunner shot himself down !
The very best in this direction (or opposite, well...) is the P-38 of Alvis friend: Ken Steacy. So wonderful :wub:  (for us modellers, pilots may love a little less such a  suicide-aircraft, and for modeller-pilots Ollie will tell us)...
It reminds me the Dyle&Bacalan French twin-boomer performing tries with a very huge gun, whose shot made all the aircraft shivering and the wing almost broke... The Armée-de-l'Air concluded: "we refuse to buy and use it: it is more dangerous for ourselves than for the enemy!" :wacko:  
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

elmayerle

Quotegunner shot himself down !
The very best in this direction (or opposite, well...) is the P-38 of Alvis friend: Ken Steacy. So wonderful :wub:  (for us modellers, pilots may love a little less such a  suicide-aircraft, and for modeller-pilots Ollie will tell us)...
It reminds me the Dyle&Bacalan French twin-boomer performing tries with a very huge gun, whose shot made all the aircraft shivering and the wing almost broke... The Armée-de-l'Air concluded: "we refuse to buy and use it: it is more dangerous for ourselves than for the enemy!" :wacko:
Hmm, that one definitely cries out for a split horizontal.  If it doesn't have one before flight, it will after the first gun firing. :D
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Tophe

QuoteHmm, that one definitely cries out for a split horizontal.
Thanks for the lesson, Evan, of engineering wisdom and common sense all at once :)  

Captain Canada

Cool 'reverse lightning' !

I bet a whole shift lost their jobs in Long Beach that afternoon !

:lol:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Ruse and deception!!!
Hehehehehe......that's better !

;)  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

elmayerle

QuoteCool 'reverse lightning' !

More like in Burbank.  Long Beach was the home of the large Douglas aircraft while Douglas' smaller aircraft came out of El Segundo (*chuckle* Now that's a plant with a history, even today, though it's not owned by Douglas anymore).

Gary

In a word... D'oh

See what happens when the blueprints get left lying around all folded up!  ^_^  
Getting back into modeling

elmayerle

QuoteCool 'reverse lightning' !

Actually, now that I think back on some "interesting" experiences, I'd be willing to bet that one was assembled on third shift.  All the really strange "oopses" always seemed to happen on third shift when I had MRB duty.

Tophe

QuoteThe very best in this direction (or opposite, well...) is the P-38 of Alvis friend: Ken Steacy. So wonderful :wub:
A preliminary one, with fins/elevators/flaps in the wrong directions it seems...: the Winthrop Pusher :wub: , found on the Net in 2001 :) , but not there anymore it seems. :(  

Tophe

Quotefound on the Net in 2001 :) , but not there anymore it seems. :(
Yes it is... :wub:  

elmayerle

QuoteThe very best in this direction (or opposite, well...) is the P-38 of Alvis friend: Ken Steacy. So wonderful :wub:
A preliminary one, with fins/elevators/flaps in the wrong directions it seems...: the Winthrop Pusher :wub: , found on the Net in 2001 :) , but not there anymore it seems. :(
*Gently chuckles* Definitely looks like something that might happen on a third shift.

Joe C-P

:o Whoa.  :lol: And I thought I came up with some wacky ideas!  :ar:

Maybe a too-hard landing?

The second one kinda reminds me of the Grumman F5F Skyrocket. Turn the cockpit around so the pilot faces forward, use the former nose for a bomb bay, maybe? Camera bay? Gas tank? Really, really big relief tube alternate space?

JoeP
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Tophe

Quotewith 2 KingFisher fuselages...Fokker DXXI spats, a Buffalo canopy, and 2 B-25 nose sections....props from an unknown sourse...maybe an OV-1???
And to make people carzy..I once told them it was in 1/48th scale too..har har...(1/72 all the way baby!)
I will try to draw it, but I would found helpful more details:
- are the Wings Kingfisher's?
- where do come the pilot's rear canopy and the gunner's canopy?
Thanks, Alvis... :)  

Alvis 3.1

I will try to draw it, but I would found helpful more details:
- are the Wings Kingfisher's?
- where do come the pilot's rear canopy and the gunner's canopy?
Thanks, Alvis... :)
Yes the wings are from a KingFisher, the main top (pilot) canopy is from a Brewster Buffalo, and the rear canopy is the bombardiers glass nose section froma B-25. The nose cap is also from a B-25, it is the gun nose variant.

Alvis 3.1

Tophe

Quotethe main top (pilot) canopy is from a Brewster Buffalo, and the rear canopy is the bombardiers glass nose section froma B-25.
Thanks, these are precious explanations. :)
The last mystery is: have you cut the rear canopy of the Buffalo diagonally? :huh: