74 Tiger What If`s

Started by tc2324, December 24, 2015, 06:27:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McColm

Great job. The F-15 looks natural in it's new colour scheme.

tc2324

Thanks all.  :thumbsup:

With time running out it struck me that multi tasking the three kits wasn`t quite going to plan and I should really concentrate on one kit at a time. 

So with just the u/c doors, a pitot or two and some weathering to apply, I should have the Eagle`s finished shots ready by the weekend.

74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!

tc2324

Tiger, Tiger!

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

tc2324

Thanks Zen

The Tonka`s now gathering pace and the very modest markings, or lack of them, are actually growing on me.

I`m also quite proud of the wing sleeve area, (on the wings trailing edge), as it hides the gap really well. Another feather in Tamiya`s cap for their all uses masking tape.

Tiger, Tiger!

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Glenn Gilbertson

The F-15 looks beautiful & really convincing. :thumbsup:

Captain Canada

Great job ! That F-15 looks so right....prob the best F-15 I've seen yet !

Love the way the Tonka is coming along as well.

:wub: :tornado: :drink: :bow:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

su27rules

This F-15C looks really nice and so right, great work!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

tc2324

Thanks chaps.

Finally got the weapons, u/c and tanks on and also had a crack at the staining on the tail created by the reverse thrust.

To much or too little?

Tiger, Tiger!

Captain Canada

Another beauty. These are going to look so good on the shelf together !

:tornado:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Martin H

Quote from: tc2324 on February 23, 2016, 02:18:12 PM
Thanks chaps.

Finally got the weapons, u/c and tanks on and also had a crack at the staining on the tail creating by the reverse thrust.

To much or too little?

The staining looks used Tonka(ish) to me. Its given me a few thoughts along similar lines..........I may just borrow/steal the idea in the future.

Reminds me of a comment made by an old mate from the 48th FW, while at the last ever AirFete. He noticed the dirty look on the RAF Tonkas and said no USAF crew chief would allow his aircraft to look that dirty, let alone let it be seen that way in public. I retorted that the RAF liked to show H.M.Taxpayer that the toys their taxes paid for were being used as per the instructions. Hence the dirt.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Steel Penguin

looks right to me as well  :thumbsup:  two splendid looking finishes,
I do have  one question with the F15  you've kept the refuelling on the US system ? ( isn't that what the d shaped decal on the intake is to signify?) id have thought that the  UK probe on side of plane system would have been implemented.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

tc2324

Quote from: Steel Penguin on February 24, 2016, 11:07:49 AM
I do have  one question with the F15  you've kept the refuelling on the US system ? ( isn't that what the d shaped decal on the intake is to signify?) id have thought that the  UK probe on side of plane system would have been implemented.

Thanks guys.  :thumbsup:

Yep, kept the US system in place as I`d seen a few what if F-15`s before fitted with probes and IMHO they just didn`t look right.

IF you want a more reasonable historic answer then one has to remember that the F-4J`s that the UK bought were only a stop gap 5 year plan at best until the Tornado F.3 appeared in greater numbers. If say the F-15 had been leased, as they would of been leased, not bought, then would the MOD of paid the money to have them modified? They may have either trained the aircrew in boom AAR, or just relied on the 3 huge external tanks? Who knows? With Lakenheath just around the corner from Wattisham, it`s safe to say the support for the F-15 would not have been too far away.

Now if the UK had leased one of the other contenders, the F-14, then it`s problem solved.....  ;D

Tiger, Tiger!

Steel Penguin

Ahhh I see,  your one step ahead of my thinking ( not too hard most of the time)
both of the answers above are more that good enough for me!  :thumbsup:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!