74 Tiger What If`s

Started by tc2324, December 24, 2015, 06:27:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Just have to build a matching 1/48 Victor K3 now, that's the one with the 'flyng boom' under the tail.....  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

tc2324

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 24, 2016, 02:15:02 PM
Just have to build a matching 1/48 Victor K3 now, that's the one with the 'flyng boom' under the tail.....  ;)

If you head back to post 10 on this thread, the Victor would have to be in Tiger stripes.....  ;)
74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: tc2324 on February 24, 2016, 02:33:33 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 24, 2016, 02:15:02 PM

If you head back to post 10 on this thread, the Victor would have to be in Tiger stripes.....  ;)

Yep, that'd work.  :thumbsup: ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

nighthunter

Well, as Great Britain is a member of NATO, I am certain that they could have trained with USAF Tanker crews to learn how to boom refuel.
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

Captain Canada

Under wing like a Lightning, that would look cool. Or a housing to deploy it, that way it wouldn't look intrusive but would still be there. Ot just forget about it, which is my vote  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

tc2324

My first ever 1/48 ADV Tonka done.

Also glad I opted to head away from the black tail as the jet wash staining adds to the overall effect for me.

Just need to do an odd minor touch up and I now have 1 week to get the Tiffie ready.

Tiger, Tiger!

DogfighterZen

That looks great! The exhaust stains on the tail look very convincing, excellent work! :bow:

:cheers:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

NARSES2

That is fantastic mate, one of the best looking Tonka's I think I've seen. :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Does that ever look good. I love the F.3, always wished I'd seen one ( but who knows, saw many a Tornado up in the clouds when I was in the UK in the late 90s so maybe I did )  :thumbsup:

Good call on the tail, that does really add to the operational look of the bird. Great job.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

XV107

Very nice indeed. I particularly like the understated F3.

(As an aside, had we bought the F-15, I suspect that the RAF's desire for the KC-10 would've been fulfilled and a small force of those would've been employed by 216 Sqn rather than the Tristars [which would've had to have been taken off British Airways' books to aid privatisation some other way]. The timing just about works for an early 80s service entry, USAF support to begin with and then RAF KC-10s)

Gondor

Perhaps you should put some squadron bars either side of the fuselage roundel similar but smaller, probably balanced for and aft too, onto the Tonka?

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

tc2324

Thanks for the comments chaps and nominations.  :thumbsup:

Did think about adding the stripes at the front, but after viewing some pictures of `standard` F-3`s, I felt the bland look was a more realistic option. But that`s just me.

A few more pictures for you all.

Just finished the Tornado F.3.

...... and a couple with it`s alternative time line sister.

Tiger, Tiger!

tc2324

Needs to remove some more of the wash in places, it`s a bit too much on this well used Typhoon.

Tiger, Tiger!

DogfighterZen

When the Typhoon's ready, you'll have one heck of a power trio. :wacko: :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"