The Flying Bratwurst.

Started by seadude, December 24, 2015, 07:12:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seadude

Anybody remember that B-25 bomber I made into a flying peanut butter & jelly sandwich I made about 2 or so years ago? Well, I just had another crazy idea to turn a model kit into another What If food item.  ;D I got a 1/32 scale Revell Bf109 G-6 model kit in a Xmas gift exchange at my local model club a few weeks ago. I had two choices for this model: Either a) Give it to somebody else since I generally don't build WWII stuff, or b) Whif it into something. But what?
On the ride back home after the club meeting, a friend made the suggestion to turn it into a flying German bratwurst.  :blink: Ok, it sounds crazy, but I think it could work. Disregard the main fuselage and substitute instead a fake looking bratwurst on a bun. Add the wings from the model kit, canopy, landing gear, and a few other details, and I'll have a flying bratwurst.  ;D  ;D  ;D Add ketchup and mustard made from acrylic gel. Maybe add a sign/plaque in front that says: "Got kraut?"
I don't think I'll have to make the bratwurst and/or bun. I found a company that makes fake food products.
Anybody else have any ideas, tips, or suggestions?
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

kerick

Sounds like a plan to me! Go for it!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Joe C-P

The danger of thinking on projects when hungry.  ;D
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Scooterman

Quote from: seadude on December 24, 2015, 07:12:25 PM
I don't think I'll have to make the bratwurst and/or bun.................Anybody else have any ideas, tips, or suggestions?

Perfect idea, no help needed from my POV!

And you need to change your quote to "thinks outside the bun!" 

JayBee

I think a francfurter would be better than a bratwurst as they tend to be more aerodynamic.  :rolleyes:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

seadude

Quote from: JayBee on January 07, 2016, 08:58:36 AM
I think a francfurter would be better than a bratwurst as they tend to be more aerodynamic.  :rolleyes:

That only works on the Oscar Meyer vehicle.

If you think the flying bratwurst is funny, I've got future plans for a German Black Forest Cake. American soldiers scaling the sides of the cake to get to the top. German soldiers throwing maraschino cherry bombs over the side to stop the Americans. "Battle of the Black Forest........Cake?"
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

kerick

Grey/gray mustard, not the yellow stuff!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

seadude

ericr

I can only applaude at this idea  :thumbsup: