More Spitfires

Started by The Wooksta!, December 27, 2015, 07:06:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

Not sure if I've posted these, but too drunk to care!

First up, a salvage job.  Started off as a part built Airfix Ia or Vb converted to a mk XII, so a PRIVG made some sense.  This is the correct shade for PRU Pink, BTW!

Next, a Tr.XVIIIe.  Originally, a gash mk XVIII resin fuselage but modified to take a trainer spine with much filling.

Part work in progress but in actual fact it's progressed much further yet still unfinished.  This is a Tr.21. Or will be when finished.

"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

zenrat

Love the "pink" one.  No trace of that colour to be seen on my monitor but that's my problem.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

It's an extremely subtle shade.  Photo taken on a very sunny day in the back garden and under the right lighting conditions, light pink and light green especially, can appear whiter than white.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Captain Canada

Nice work ! Like the first one especially. Be nice if the pics were sized to the screen tho  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kitbasher

Good stuff Lee.

What resin are you using for the Tr.21 fuselage?  Home designed/casted faired into a FROG/NOVO/etc F.XIVc?
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Tophe

I love your trainer 18 :wub: (or for a 2-seat plane :  :wub: :wub: )...
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

The Wooksta!

Quote from: kitbasher on December 30, 2015, 04:42:40 AM
Good stuff Lee.

What resin are you using for the Tr.21 fuselage?  Home designed/casted faired into a FROG/NOVO/etc F.XIVc?

Perfectly correct.  Mould was kindly donated by TsrJoe and I have several T-bird spines in the Spitfire bits box.  Yes, a Frog/NOVO F.XIV fuselage and it'll take a new wing with some surgery.  Worth a punt if you can buy them cheap.  £3 usually in a second hand bin at a show isn't a bad price for essentially a donor fuselage.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan: