Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 04, 2016, 02:36:42 AM
Quote from: zenrat on January 03, 2016, 11:21:41 PM

FSW?

Forward swept wings. They just look slightly that way in the photo

Of course.  :bang head:

To quote from Jet Bombers by Bill Gunston & Peter Gilchrist
"...whereas the tail was given sweepback, to ensure good control even in a high-mach dive, the wing had all its taper on the trailing edge."

I began PSR around the nacelles today and continued on the cockpit, scratchbuilding some consoles for the radar/weapons operator in the front seat.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

zenrat

Looks good Dizz.
I was hoping to have obtained some contra props for this build but have failed so far.
The exhausts on the Airfix Rotodyne's Elands (on the sides of the nacelles) have the look of nozzles designed to rotate to provide lift.  They are horribly moulded so I will be replacing them with some Harrier nozzles (the rest of the Harrier is destined to be split between another 2 builds) which will have limited rotation to give a modicum of lift and thus improve it's short strip performance and maybe help with carrier take offs.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

NARSES2

I've some Shackleton white metal props
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

I got the props for the Hü 324 from a VEB Plasticart Tu-20 in 1:100. You find this huge kit at times on ebay for only EUR 5,-.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on January 05, 2016, 02:26:34 AM
I got the props for the Hü 324 from a VEB Plasticart Tu-20 in 1:100. You find this huge kit at times on ebay for only EUR 5,-.

And it's got a LOT of props!  ;D

The Tu-114 kit from the same manufacturer is a good source too.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

Yes, but the Tu-114 is hard to come buy, the kit is rather a kind of collector's item. The Tu-20/95 has been re-released several times for export, and these kits frequently show up at a small price tag.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on January 05, 2016, 05:47:58 AM
Yes, but the Tu-114 is hard to come buy, the kit is rather a kind of collector's item.

Ooh, is it? I better keep mine then.  ;D

It's half converted into a Moss just now.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Nice one Dizzy. Some great ideas here.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

I've been looking out for a 1/100 Tu20 but they don't seem to exist here and anything cheap from overseas will, when postage has added, not be cheap anymore.

Chris, you got pm.
Fred

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

White metal contra-props arrived today courtesy of Chris.  Thank you very much.

The cockpits are complete and painted in a suitable blue/green shade.  I just need to detail paint and then I can close it all up and begin construction proper.
Fred

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on January 13, 2016, 02:47:46 AM

:o That was fast, the speed of the mailboats these days never ceases to amaze me....  ;D

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 13, 2016, 03:56:46 AM

:o That was fast, the speed of the mailboats these days never ceases to amaze me....  ;D

It's those new fangled screws rather than the paddle wheels that do it  ;D

rickshaw

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 13, 2016, 08:33:39 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 13, 2016, 03:56:46 AM

It's those new fangled screws rather than the paddle wheels that do it  ;D

I was wonderin' when they going to stop the passengers rowing...  ;D
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.